Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2024-2025

Found this interesting. It usually refers to a guard slowly backing their way to the basket. But I think you could say DJ Burns did it too.

Curious how committed the Iron Dukes are to stopping uconn become the pre-eminent basketball program.

Found this interesting. It usually refers to a guard slowly backing their way to the basket. But I think you could say DJ Burns did it too.

This was both fascinating and disturbing. I viscerally hate it.

It seems so wrong that such a lame-looking strategy from the 1950s can still so effective. Such a mundane, unpleasant version of the game, where it's just one greasy guy sliding up in another's personal space, over and over, super conservatively making minute adjustments with each creepy lean to get a tiny bit closer to the rim each time. It's like how a little kid who can't dribble very well yet plays.

Apparently that is actually the peak version of basketball in the upper echelons of the game as well, though.

Thankfully the NBA has had its rule for a long time. Those Mark Jackson games vs the Knicks were awful. It’s such a bullshit way to play basketball. Let’s just put a giant fatass out there and let him shove his way down from the 3 point line! It’s ugly and boring. Would love to see the NCAA finally institute the NBA’s rule.

Thankfully the NBA has had its rule for a long time. Those Mark Jackson games vs the Knicks were awful. It’s such a bullshit way to play basketball. Let’s just put a giant fatass out there and let him shove his way down from the 3 point line! It’s ugly and boring. Would love to see the NCAA finally institute the NBA’s rule.
I want to see the NCAA institute every NBA rule besides game length, 3pt line distance, and the 24-second shot clock. I guess I'd be on the fence about the ability to advance the ball into the frontcourt with a timeout. I find that a little annoying in the NBA, tbh.

Curious how committed the Iron Dukes are to stopping uconn become the pre-eminent basketball program.

As many bags as possible can be dropped on talent and it won't matter. Hurley is playing a different a game offensively than anyone else in the country right now. It's reminiscent of when the Warriors just took off, but different stylistically. Hurley and UCONN are so far ahead of what everyone else is doing in college basketball offensively that nothing will change until the sport catches up. Eventually it will, but we'll see when.

What exactly is his different game? GSW was obvious - get 2-3 of the greatest shooters in history and let them shoot a lot of threes. Hurley is a great coach, but what was the trick the last two years that failed to work for him the twelve years prior when he won exactly two NCAA tournament games?

I thought UConn ran some very nice sets this year. Not really sure beyond that. Their rosters have definitely been stacked with the Sanogo-Hawkins-Newton trio in 2023 and Clingan-Castle-Newton in 24, and great role players such as Karaban, Spencer, and Calcaterra.

As many bags as possible can be dropped on talent and it won't matter. Hurley is playing a different a game offensively than anyone else in the country right now. It's reminiscent of when the Warriors just took off, but different stylistically. Hurley and UCONN are so far ahead of what everyone else is doing in college basketball offensively that nothing will change until the sport catches up. Eventually it will, but we'll see when.

You could say they're trillions of miles ahead, tens of trillions, even. I'm still trying to workshop a more succinct metaphor

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom