Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

I don't know if I have ever seen one of his movies besides this. And this doesn't count, since he plays himself and it's kind of a meta-commentary on action movies.

Damn man. How have you lived without seeing any of JCVD's movies? You need to watch Hard Target immediately. Chance Boudreaux, bro.

IT was solid but didn't really think it was scary per say. It definitely had a couple crazy scenes though and the kids were very funny.

Excited to see Mother this wknd. Know next to nothing about it but it looks good.

IT was solid but didn't really think it was scary per say. It definitely had a couple crazy scenes though and the kids were very funny.
Like I said, better as a coming-of-age movie than a horror movie. Which suited me enough since the horror is often the least interesting part of the best horror movies.

To me the scariest thing was something that was almost off-camera. My girlfriend didn't even notice it.

When Ben is in the library, before he goes into the back following the trail of Easter eggs, the old woman who was helping him is standing in the background just slightly out of focus with a creepy David Lynch-like smile on her face. I wish there had been more understated stuff like this. I feel like they blew their wad with Pennywise early by having him be too well lit and showing us too many closeups of him for too long.

Made the mistake of watching Yoga Hosers the other night. Kevin Smith was never a good director, but goddamn it, that movie is a low point for his career. It takes an hour for anything to happen, and when it does it's so arbitrary and unconnected to everything that came before it that I was just bored to tears. The special effects are barely better than something I could have done. The acting is worse than I could have done. His daughter is particularly bad. You can tell an intelligent person wrote the script, but it's an intelligent person who clearly didn't care.

No, I hear it's marginally better though. I know there are callbacks to it in Yoga Hosers, but I don't think any amount of self-reference would have saved this steaming pile of crap.

Chasing Amy was pretty good, Clerks not terrible. Everything else absolutely blows. His films have the most boring basic cinematography of all time, are ridiculously badly edited, and are juvenile as shit. Not sure why he was respected in the first place.

Watched The Big Sick. Perfect romantic comedy.

I have put it ahead of The Devil Wears Prada in my mind among non-teenage era romantic comedies, probably partially due to recency bias.

Last edited:
To me the scariest thing was something that was almost off-camera. My girlfriend didn't even notice it.

When Ben is in the library, before he goes into the back following the trail of Easter eggs, the old woman who was helping him is standing in the background just slightly out of focus with a creepy David Lynch-like smile on her face. I wish there had been more understated stuff like this. I feel like they blew their wad with Pennywise early by having him be too well lit and showing us too many closeups of him for too long.
The people in the background of that scene also looked frozen in time for a little bit. Maybe my mind played tricks on me.

Do not see Mother unless you want to see a religious movie. I went into it only seeing the trailer and thinking it was some type of thriller. It's not. One of the weirdest movies I've ever seen.

Yeah, apparently mother! is getting record-breaking bad reviews.
I almost feel cheated. The trailer, IMO, shows a thriller or even a suspense type of movie. For 100 minutes there's nothing suspenseful about it, you're just in a state of confusion. Literally. Then everything hits the fan and you're just thinking "wtf is this". I think Lawrence just took the role because she dates the dude who made the movie. But fuck, the whole cast is good. Pfieffer(sp?), Javier, JLaw, Harris, the SNL chick.

Also, the "dude" Jennifer Lawrence dates is Darren Aronofsky. Come the fuck on and get your head out of your lowbrow ass. Anyone in Hollywood would work with him.

Also, the "dude" Jennifer Lawrence dates is Darren Aronofsky. Come the fuck on and get your head out of your lowbrow ass. Anyone in Hollywood would work with him.
I know who he is. Doesn't mean all of his movies will be good. I was explaining the film to other people in the theater who were confused. They falsely advertised the film and it was not good. You can fuck off with the lowbrow, what Cmon would hate nonsense. I love films and I like my films to be thought provoking, serious, realistic plots. I rarely get into action/horror/sci-fi stuff. But when you walk into a movie thinking it's going to be a thriller/suspense when it's really something completely different then you feel cheated. Properly advertise the movie.

Literally everyone in the theater was in shock about what they had seen. Like wtf is this kind of shock, not "man, this was amazing" kind of shock.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom