Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2020-21] Duke at Notre Dame

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel like replacing 12 ppg on a 94 offensive rating should be doable.
Well sure, if you think that those numbers are a fair approximation of his value. It seems too early to write him off as a low-impact inefficient player given all the things he does at a high level, and the fact that its only been 4 games. Of course I'm the guy who thought Wendell Moore would have a nice sophomore season.

He definitely had the highest ceiling of anyone on the roster. But I was just saying I don't think we're going to be any worse than we have been so far without him. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we look slightly better.

Is our ceiling as high? No. But how high was it even if he started averaging 17 and 5 on 60% TS?

You're going to be replacing his minutes with Brakefield and Mark Williams. Brakefield has just straight up been better. Williams has better stats, but he's also been extremely low usage and played very few minutes.

Counterargument is that Brakefield can no longer steal Moore's minutes, which is bad news.

K will just play 3 guards more. It would defy 40 years of evidence for him to start trusting freshmen bigs/wings who aren't top 25 recruits.

Goldie
Roach
Steward
Hurt
Williams

Brakefield
Baker
One of Tape/Coleman

That should be the new rotation once Moore announces his transfer to a Charlotte-area community college.

K will just play 3 guards more. It would defy 40 years of evidence for him to start trusting freshmen bigs/wings who aren't top 25 recruits.
So what? You think he's going to play Goldwire, Steward, Roach, Moore, Hurt? That doesn't seem remotely likely.

So what? You think he's going to play Goldwire, Steward, Roach, Moore, Hurt? That doesn't seem remotely likely.
Look, I would love it if Brakefield gets big minutes and plays well. Same for Williams. Someone is going to get the infamous quick hook from K. It's probably going to be Baker, but I could just as easily see K doing it to Brake or Williams because he has done this same shtick for 4 god damn decades.

I can't shake the feeling that this may be a "we don't like playing him and he doesn't like playing here that much but it doesn't benefit either party to admit that" injury.
Thinking the same thing

I want to see Roach, Steward, Brakefield, Hurt, Williams. But I'm aware that's unlikely.
This is really what should happen if you're trying to build some continuity. I could see Goldy for DJ just to have some firepower off the bench.

Reminds me of Sulaimon's famous DNP flus that would always occur around this time of year

I can't shake the feeling that this may be a "we don't like playing him and he doesn't like playing here that much but it doesn't benefit either party to admit that" injury.

Wouldn't shock me.

Someone in Johnson's family had to see/hear about K telling Scheyer he's "fucking soft." Probably didn't go over too well.

Wouldn't shock me.

Someone in Johnson's family had to see/hear about K telling Scheyer he's "fucking soft." Probably didn't go over too well.

Big Rod Johnson, undoubtedly.

I wish the kid nothing but success.

Now on to the Duke Basketball Team.

Next man up! I’m hoping this could be a good thing for the team, Emphasis on “team”. A little change up/adversity to wake these guys up.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom