Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College football (non-Duke)

Texas A&M will be like the ninth best job in the SEC starting next year. Behind the Big Six and Texas/OU. You’re also living in miserably hot College Station. I don’t see the appeal.

A&M is about to spend $100 million to get rid of someone (buyout for head coach, assistant coach, new staff) and then have to pay a shit load for another coach and they have very inflated idea of who they are. Unlimited oil money.

We paid K $1 million per win in 2021. Jon isn’t even making half of that. I believe Elko is making around $6 million now. We can go up to 9/10, I’d reckon.

There aren’t many sane, unbiased people who would take Elko over the Oregon guy. It would be tragic for him to go from a job where he would add so much value to a job where he’s going to be fired in 3-4 years. We know Elko’s strengths and weaknesses. They align with building a program up and competing against the second tier of title contenders. They don’t align with making the right calls in key situations to take a program to a national title in the SEC.

We paid K $1 million per win in 2021. Jon isn’t even making half of that. I believe Elko is making around $6 million now. We can go up to 9/10, I’d reckon.
I saw that when he was extended this summer, he is making $3.5

Texas A&M will be like the ninth best job in the SEC starting next year. Behind the Big Six and Texas/OU. You’re also living in miserably hot College Station. I don’t see the appeal.

This has been my argument all along. Somebody has to lose these games. Everybody can’t go to a major bowl. A&M is recruiting in Texas against OU, OSU, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Houston, SMU, Not to mention all the other SEC schools. Where are your wins coming from? Vanderbilt? Ole Miss? Arkansas?

I saw that when he was extended this summer, he is making $3.5

I’ve read there are (supposedly) incentives on top of the $3.5 base that push it up to the $6 million range.

Most of the money whores and whores in general are over in Chapel Hill right now servicing ACC Officials so we have to wait.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom