Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2013 schedule

dkst0426

All American
Duke football schedule announced
2013 Duke Football Schedule (2012 Record; Bowl game)
AUGUST
31 – N.C. CENTRAL (6-5)

SEPTEMBER
7 – at Memphis (4-8)
14 – GEORGIA TECH (7-7; 21-7 win over USC in the Hyundai Sun Bowl)
21 – PITTSBURGH (6-7; 38-17 loss to Ole Miss in the BBVA Compass Bowl)
28 – TROY (5-7)

OCTOBER
5 – Open
12 – NAVY (8-5; 62-28 loss to Arizona State in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl)
19 – at Virginia (4-8)
26 – at Virginia Tech (7-6; 13-10 win in OT over Rutgers in the Russell Athletic Bowl)

NOVEMBER
2 – Open
9 – N.C. STATE (7-6; 38-24 loss to Vanderbilt in the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl)
16 – MIAMI (7-5)
23 – at Wake Forest (5-7)
30 – at North Carolina (8-4)

Urrrrggghhhh, prior commitment the weekend of the State game. :evil:

What's with 2 open dates this season?

I had to stare at that for a while before figuring out why we had five non conference games. Pitt isn't a non'conference game, duh. This realignment stuff is hard to keep pace with.

I see a potential for six wins. Maybe more, depending on the open games.

I'm looking at 6, maybe 7. I'll feel better about picks one way or the other once we get better looks at Boone through the spring.

We have 9 winnable games imo. Think we get 6 again.

Central, Memphis, Troy, Navy, Virginia, Wake

Central, Menphis, and Troy need to be foregone conclusions. 2 of the 3 out of Navy, UVA, and Wake, plus one game that were weren't "supposed" to win out of the other six.

IMO the range of winnable to unwinnable, in McBobs tiers:

Central
Memphis
Troy

Navy
Pitt
Wake

UVa
State

UNC
GT
Miami
VT

I feel pretty damn good about the first three tiers.

I hate having Wake off a bye and UNC after playing Old Dominion.

dkst0426 said:
Rollins said:
I hate having Wake off a bye and UNC after playing Old Dominion.
This.

How in the heck did they score ODU in November?

It's some SEC grade BS.

But then again, look who we're dealing with.

I think State will be decent by the end of the year. It will be an uphill climb for the first half (if not more) of the season, replacing an entire coaching staff, plus their QB.

I really like that we play GaTech early this year, their offense isn't really clicking yet in the first couple of weeks of the season. I do NOT like that we get Wake at the end of the season.

I could see us getting off to a 6-0 or 7-0 start and then losing the final 5-6 games. We should definitely go back to a bowl game, with the possibility of ending up 8-4 if we get some bounces.

My tiers:
easily winnable games
NCCU
Troy
Memphis

still should be heavily favored
Navy
Pitt

Toss-up
GaTech
Wake
UVA

slight underdogs
NCState

double digit dogs
Miami
UNC
VaTech

How'd we end up having to go up to Blacksburg again this year, by the way? Isn't the division schedule supposed to be a home-and-home thing every year?

Then again, we did get Miami at home again, too.......weird how that worked out.

Rollins said:
It's some SEC grade BS.

But then again, look who we're dealing with.

Tempted to..........wait for it............

Call Swofford.

dkst0426 said:
How'd we end up having to go up to Blacksburg again this year, by the way? Isn't the division schedule supposed to be a home-and-home thing every year?

Then again, we did get Miami at home again, too.......weird how that worked out.

The adding of Syracuse and Pittsburgh completely messed up the scheduling for this year. We also get to play AT wake forest again.

Just happy we get 7 home games. Hopefully we can reproduce the atmosphere of the UNC game last year for most games this year.

dukeberto said:
Hopefully we can reproduce the atmosphere of the UNC game last year for most games this year.
The change in the home atmosphere for the most part is one of the better improvements I have seen under Cut. Now, if we can just get more butts in the GA section.

Playing at Wake two years in a row is what really gets me. That could be the difference between 5 and 6 wins.

I agree with a couple others in that I think we are 6-6 again with a chance at 7-5 (or obviously worse as well).

So what you're saying is we could go 6-6 or worse, or better.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom