Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2015 NCAA Tournament

Hopefully DBP/CBS/the NCAA don't come after me or have this taken down:

Yes, I realize using Rudy music and including Sulaimon might be a questionable choice to some.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to go through the National Championship game and fairly assess every call and missed call.

E.g. - Okafor got away with two fouls early, however his third and fourth foul calls were total bullshit.

Winslow got called for two bullshit calls, however he was lucky to avoid two charges.

My suspicion is that all eves out, as alway.

Also thank you Dkst for the downloads, but man does the sound get off from the video on DivX. It becomes unwatchable.

rome8180 said:
I am going to go through the National Championship game and fairly assess every call and missed call.

E.g. - Okafor got away with two fouls early, however his third and fourth foul calls were total bullshit.

Winslow got called for two bullshit calls, however he was lucky to avoid two charges.

My suspicion is that all eves out, as alway.
I thought Okafor's 4th foul was obvious, he seemed to be irritated with himself like he knew he screwed up. Kaminsky totally flopped on his first foul, and I have no idea what the ref saw on his third foul that was all ball. Winslow was also fouled on both plays that the refs "missed" the out of bounds calls. You're right that these things usually even out, but I must admit it's always harder for me to see it that way when it's my team that lost.

Wow, how did I miss dkst's video a couple days ago? That was badass! Thanks for making and sharing. I'll probably watch that a dozen times between now and the beginning of next season.

I've watched the last 15 minutes of the game about 10 times already and I still can't see where he touches Kaminsky on the fourth foul. (Or the third for that matter.)

And good point about Winslow being fouled on the OOB calls.

A buddy suggested making a shirt or something of the 2010 and 2015 championships comparing Quinn-face and Scheyer-face.

Personally I think Quinn-face versus Scheyer-face should be the next DBP video, if they're allowed to make videos anymore.

Very difficult to compare intentional vs unintentional faces.

rome8180 said:
I've watched the last 15 minutes of the game about 10 times already and I still can't see where he touches Kaminsky on the fourth foul. (Or the third for that matter.)
Kaminsky also traveled his ass off on Okafor's 4th foul, but that's a call that is overlooked several dozen times a game. Okafor's 3rd foul was completely anticipatory.

But those fouls being called probably helped Duke, so I won't complain about them. I only bring them up when haters talk about the refs screwing Wisconsin, and it sounds good for my side of the argument to say, "the refs put Duke's first team all-american on the bench with b/s fouls."

Even K said that "In a way the calls actually helped us." That's the closest he'll ever come to admitting to knowing about the Okafor theory.

dkst0426 said:
Here are full HD tv caps of our Tournament games:

NCAA_3.20.15_-_Duke_v_RMU.mkv - 1.4 GB
NCAA_3.22.15_-_Duke_v_SDSU.mkv - 1.6 GB
NCAA_3.27.15_-_Duke_v_Utah.mkv - 2.9 GB
NCAA_3.29.15_-_Duke_v_Gonzaga.mkv - 2.7 GB
NCAA_4.04.15_-_Duke_v_Michigan_State.mkv - 2.2 GB

Working on uploading the championship game right now.

The Utah and Gonzaga games will require Media Player Classic or VLC to extract the English audio track. If you watch it in WMP, you'll be watching in Russian (cue derisive comments about Russian downloads).

Is there some other player I can use for these on a Mac besides DivX? The video looks beautiful but the sound constantly gets out of sync with the video.

Why not use VLC player for everything? If you can use VLC, there are pretty simple options to change the sound sync by delaying or pushing ahead by milliseconds.

Okay, thanks. It just automatically loaded it with DivX and not being familiar with the format I didn't know what my other options were.

Poor quality, but if you want to hear Vitale call the championship game....

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom