[2018-19] Indiana through Texas Tech (at New York)

Teams that commit lots of turnovers have no chance against Duke. Indiana just feels like a wasted slot in the schedule for improvement in halfcourt offense.

UVA is of course elite at protecting the ball and forcing a halfcourt game. Those 2 games for Duke will be the most telling of the regular season, and we’re fortunate to get them twice. Someone decent will slow the game down to 55 possessions against Duke in the NCAAT. Texas Tech and Notre Dame are also excellent in this regard.

Last edited:
Reactions: rome8180

Zion looks OK

41iZDsgcbPL._SY450_.jpg

Stetson has one interesting player, who drives their one interesting stat.

6-9 Abayomi Iyiola: 14% OReb, 28% DReb, 6.2% Block. Against terrible competition, though. Was very bad against their only halfway decent competition this season, USC. Once he's in foul trouble, they're done. As a basketball team, as players, as men, as human beings, finished.

The only thing to watch out for is Stetson's offensive rebounding - nearly top 100. Duke doing well on the defensive glass in this game would actually be encouraging.

This will be one of the highest lines ever for a real Duke basketball game, if not the single highest ever. Stetson plays pretty fast. Line should be in the mid-40s, maybe 50. They lost by 36 to USC.

We're going to actually witness 15-20 minutes of pure, unadulterated shitthead basketball. I hope Goldwire and Robinson have been practicing their alley oops.

I still expect them to get outscored.

Wouldn't mind seeing Justin get some burn. As a guy who can hit corner threes, block some shots, rebound okay, etc, even if he can't do anything with the ball, he should be a guy who gets 8-10 minutes in any game that one of our four wings has to miss.

I'd like to see Alex get going over the next few games. He should get some run and build some confidence leading to ACC play.

Not even going to watch. Better things to do on my Saturday than watching Jordan Goldwire and and Vrankovic play for 15+ minutes, and all of the big dong dunks I'll just watch on YouTube afterwards.

Reactions: 2001Dukechamps
For posterity, our strength of schedule currently is #7 on Kenpom. Look back on this after the next four games.

Duke’s win over Indiana will be viewed as worthless by the end of the season, even though they played Indiana with Morgan. This was extremely predictable, moreso than Zion’s impending injury against one of these terrible teams coming up.

Stetson was Coach K's first opponent at Duke. I am sure you'll hear that a lot tonight. Hopefully we win by more than the 18 we won by then.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil