Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2018-19] Kentucky (at Indianapolis), Army, Eastern Michigan

I can't wait for the theoretical world that we create every year - where THIS is the team where everything comes together and we go full #99mode and defense will be better and so on - to come crashing down tomorrow night, and reveal the reality that we actually exist in. Always a humbling moment each year.

What fact will we all agree on in 28 hours, that seems shocking and preposterous now? Tyler Herro is just a better player than Reddish? Zion is no better than Anthony Bennett when playing real players? Jones = Duval with shorter arms? Keldon whoever is clearly a better prospect than anyone on our team? This might be the worst defensive and rebounding team we've had in a decade? We have no answer to zone, and will repeat the night's 3-32 3PT, blowout loss performance against anyone who trots out a basic 2-3?

Man, am I excited.

I can't wait for the theoretical world that we create every year - where THIS is the team where everything comes together and we go full #99mode and defense will be better and so on - to come crashing down tomorrow night, and reveal the reality that we actually exist in. Always a humbling moment each year.

What fact will we all agree on in 28 hours, that seems shocking and preposterous now? Tyler Herro is just a better player than Reddish? Zion is no better than Anthony Bennett when playing real players? Jones = Duval with shorter arms? Keldon whoever is clearly a better prospect than anyone on our team? This might be the worst defensive and rebounding team we've had in a decade? We have no answer to zone, and will repeat the night's 3-32 3PT, blowout loss performance against anyone who trots out a basic 2-3?

Man, am I excited.

36 hours from now we’ll all be reading things like “initial estimates are 8-10 weeks but depends on the type of fracture. We’ll know more after the mri.”

Line is up to 1.5-2 points this morning for Kentucky. Nobody believes in this gritty Duke team.

Hopefully their Cinderella status motivates them for the entire season.

Man, am I excited.

Bringing the ruckus Pantone?

Having watched ~4 college games each of Green, Washington, Richards and Travis and a bunch of highlight films featuring the best performances from Cam, Zion and RJ, I'm going to say we win this easily. Maybe too easily.

Herro is the guy who really concerns me. Also - aren't their new guards really good at attacking the rim?

Herro is a guy who would easily be the most vilified player in the country if he played for Duke. He's one mouthy, cocky SOB, and he's white.

Not sure where to put this, so I'll just put it here in anticipation of a new season. I don't think my ass was ever as clenched as hard as it was during the final couple minutes of this game.

lmao @ 3:54. Matt Howard got his revenge the following year!

I forgot about that bunny Nolan missed that would've pushed it back to five and Kyle missing that short jumper in the lane. Buttholes wouldn't have been quite as tight if either of those shots go in.

Herro is a guy who would easily be the most vilified player in the country if he played for Duke. He's one mouthy, cocky SOB, and he's white.

From his Bio:

"Favorite activity away from the court is playing Fortnite ... "

We're doomed

Other games that might be worth watching for the first few minutes tonight:

7pm ESPN2
UNC (-10.5) at Wofford
In a true road game with arduous interstate travel, which Duke would never dare to schedule, UNC states its case to be the #1 team in the country.

9pm ESPN2
Florida at Florida State (-4)
The most important battle in Florida today. Relatively huge implications on Duke/Kentucky computer rankings by the end of the season.

11pm CBS Sports
BYU at Nevada (-13)
Somehow, Nevada is a national championship contender.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom