Game Thread [2019-20] #12 Duke vs. North Carolina

Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm pissed at myself for forgetting to make a pick for this game. I had decided earlier this morning that I was going to go with logic instead of pessimism and pick Duke by 11-20.

Reactions: christophero30
Yeah, I mean I get that we're not great and they're shitty, but we spend so much time thinking about them, and how we would match up with them. It's nice when we can sweep them. I don't foresee us meeting in the ACCT championship game. We'd have to win 2 in a row, probably against State and FSU, and they'd have to win 4 in a row.
Yeah, I found this much more enjoyable than the first game, no matter how dramatic that was. That was just a turd of a performance salvaged by luck. The fact that we covered the spread today means we played a decent game.

Chappelle Poplock GIF - Chappelle Poplock Breakin GIFs

Anyways, better team winning the 2nd game is now something absurd like 15-2 or 16-1 since Roy came to Carolina. And it usually is wire to wire, too.

Anyways, better team winning the 2nd game is now something absurd like 15-2 or 16-1 since Roy came to Carolina. And it usually is wire to wire, too.

06 is the only exception I can think of. 2014 Duke was better than UNC overall, even though they advanced one round further in the NCAAT, and 2019 UNC was obviously superior to Duke sans Zion.

Reactions: DurhamSon
Best sequence, and the one where we finally put enough breathing room between us and UNC, was getting from 72-67 to 80-67:

-Carey Dunk
-Anthony garbage shot
-Tre Jones miss
- Brooks missed layup, Duke (Robinson) finally gets a defensive rebound, gets pumped as hell about it
- Robinson hits a semi-contested 3 with the shotclock running down, crowd goes nuts
- Anthony bricked 3
- Stanley hits corner 3, crowd goes nuts
- TO Roy

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil