Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2019 ACC Tournament

I thought it opened low, but it has now risen closer to what I had anticipated. If we ignore/forgive the non-Zion games and Duke’s general malaise lately, Duke by 5 on a neutral(ish) court feels like it’s in the right ballpark to me.

That said, I only have $150 in fake gambling money so what the fuck do I know?

I feel really good about tonight's game. In the game at the Dean Dome, we did a nice job limiting UNC in their primary break. They killed us off of secondary break as you can see in this tweet:

I think with a young team, we saw development in them adapting to UNC's system slightly in the 2nd game by doing decently against the primary break. I think that with Zion back, we should do even better defending the primary break. Further, their freelance offense versus us without Zion was terrible, which is what they ran most frequently against us in the half-court. With Zion, we will force even more turnovers against their freelance, which is where Coby White is at his worst.

Unless UNC flops their way to Barrett and Zion getting into early foul trouble, I think we win this game tonight and control it throughout. I think Barrett, Tre and Cam will all perform better tonight not having to go against the Syracuse zone.

RJ should try to do most of his work in the lane tonight. Look for Cam and AOC behind the arc. No need for RJ to force 3s against this UNC team - he should be at an advantage in the lane.

As we head to tip-off of the most important Duke UNC game ever, Duke has inched up even more in Vegas, now favored by 4.5 everywhere with a few places at 5.

This would be an embarrassing upset now.

See ya, uva. You B1G belonging, bums.

"Virginia plays with the heart of Champions." - Bilas

One thing is for certain, Coach K is the most arrogant coach in the country. To sit Zion for the UNC game last Saturday, and cut Duke's chances of locking up a #1 seed from 2 opportunities to 1 is some of the most outrageous arrogance I've ever seen. He clearly believes that Duke is guaranteed a win over UNC with Zion- we'll see if he's right, but whether he's right or not doesn't change the fact that sitting a healthy Zion last Saturday was a terrible decision.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom