Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2020-21] 2 Florida State vs. 10 Duke (ACC Quarterfinals)

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Thursday, March 11, 6:30pm, ESPN

In what is virtually guaranteed to be the final game of Duke’s season and Mark Williams’ college career, Mark gets to finally test himself against specimens of his ilk.

I feel like if you aren’t excited about Duke potentially winning tomorrow’s game and pissing off the country to sneak into the NCAAT, you’re trying too hard to be a pessimist or contrarian.

FSU should be favored by 4-5, given the back to back to back for Duke. I think the main reason the line will be closer is people believe K has committed to packing in the defense and funneling to Mark like the old Nuggets defenses with Mutombo. That may or may not be true. If it is true, I’m not sure FSU would be hurt too much by it. They have 3 good shooters in their rotation, and Hamilton does a good job of not letting their bad shooters chuck too much, especially top 10 draft pick and 26% 3pt shooter, Scottie Barnes.

Whenever I think about FSU basketball, I extremely racistly imagine an entire lineup coming out to the court dressed like this:

c1cac02afaa8b0ce34f94af2be464dd8.jpg

K will set up a fake NCAA tournament, Wag the Dog style, to protect these kids' egos.

FSU is favored by 3-3.5.

Duke winning as an underdog happens incredibly rarely (mostly because Duke is rarely an underdog), especially in a postseason tournament environment.

Wisconsin was favored by 1 in the 2015 title game on most books at tip. I think Arizona was oddly favored over the 2001 team. Other than that, not sure when in this century it has happened. Maybe during the 2017 ACCT title run.

It would be nice to have some mean reversion vs how we have performed vs the spread. That said we will lose by 2

I get to miss this one as I scheduled something thinking we wouldn't get this far.

Line moved overnight to FSU by 4, as people realized the fundamental truth that this game involves Matthew Hurt going up against grown men.

The way I see it, Duke can quietly end their season with a Gentleman’s C tonight. Or they could get humiliated by UNC for a third time with ESPN flashing clips of Hansbrough’s bloody nose and Bilas cackling THIS GAME ALWAYS DELIVERS for two hours straight.

After a season full of Duke squandering opportunities to get over this or that hump or turn this or that corner, I guess this is the final chance to shit or get off the pot.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom