Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2020-21] Virginia at Duke

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The same group of guys also won a title the next year. Truly the most inexplicable upset in the history of the sport
They had every break in a close game go their way in three straight contests, idgaf that was the flukiest run I’ve seen this century just based on 50/50 plays and other bizarre shit that had to line up, and don’t consider it a blueprint to be replicated. It just happened to be UVA, and not, say, George Mason

The same group of guys also won a title the next year. Truly the most inexplicable upset in the history of the sport
They had every break in a close game go their way in three straight contests, idgaf that was the flukiest run I’ve seen this century just based on 50/50 players and other bizarre shit that had to line up, and don’t consider it a blueprint to be replicated
True that they were lucky to win a title, but Hunter, Jerome, Diakete, and Guy were legit players and I think you could win with those guys in just about any system. Wasn't the typical UVA team, like the one we saw tonight.

No wonder FSU blew these assholes out. That PG morphology comparison must have been such a mismatch that they were using Clark like a condom

Clark was alright that game despite 3 TO. Huff was a disaster as you may imagine.

So I just looked at Tony Bennett's Wikipedia. I swear whoever wrote that is his personal fluffer. I've never seen a more fawning and longer article in comparison to accomplishments. Each season gets its own novel. And at one point you get this:

Against rivals[edit]
Bennett has a winning record against each of the team's
ACC rivals

It seems Duke is not a rival. UNC, UL, VT, and fucking Maryland get mentions in this section.

Anyway, that section says Bennett is 12-7 against Roy. Not sure if that includes their most recent win. I honestly don't remember Roy winning seven times. UNC fans must hate UVA so much for constantly beating them and then losing to Duke.

UNC fans must hate UVA so much for constantly beating them and then losing to Duke.
Had a UNC friend bitching about that immediately following our game. But hey, if your entire offensive strategy is to play as fast as you can and try to get ORebs, you’re probably not going to fare well vs a Bennett team.

Last edited:
Goldwire's head looks photoshopped

EuuSICoXUAIc14j

Finally finished the game:

1) Even though Virginia shot very well in the 1st half, I thought our defense was much improved. I liked the switching. And our rotations were good.

2) This game should not have been as close as it was. Steward missed two wide open threes and three FTs. Clark made two threes as a 30% shooter. We could have won by double digits.

3) I like how every time we got down 4-5, we immediately came up with a couple huge baskets.

4) Moore was great. All his misses were off of late shotclock forced shots. Had seven assists to only one turnover and played some really good defense. He's doing much better at not driving too deep into the lane.

5) Brakefield just knows how to play. That fake dribble handoff is an example of what I mean. He was calling for the ball because he knew he had a mismatch. Then he ran a misdirect. And when he got to the basket he did the reverse layup to avoid getting his shot blocked.

6) Goldwire has had a lot of amazing games for us, but this was one of his best. Four steals, which I believe led to seven points. And he was continually switched onto Huff, and Huff did very little on those possessions. I hope he comes back next year.

7) Roach looks really good when his shot is falling and he's not tasked with too much distribution. Where that leaves his role next year, I'm not sure.

8) I would have liked to see more minutes from Williams, but Brakefield was playing so well you can't too mad at it. Also, can our guards learn how to throw a damn entry pass or hit a roll man? They were missing Williams over and over when he was in.

9) I think this is the most hatable UVA team yet. Between Clark with his stupid ball fake, Huff screaming after he jumped three inches in the air to dunk it, and those walk-ons (team managers?) on the baseline doing the fake CPR and other celebrations, it was a joy to beat them. It should be a rule that if you're on a team as boring as UVA, you're not allowed to celebrate. I bet George Mikan didn't scream and holler after he finger-rolled the ball into a basket to give his team the 12-8 win.

10) I know we still might make the tournament this year, but it's hard not to look forward to next year. I think we might surprise some people with how dominant we are.

11) Bilas sucks.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back