Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2021 NCAA Tournament

Who will win the national championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still can't believe how dumb that UCLA play was. Even if they were not massive underdogs in a 2nd OT, it was still the wrong decision.

The odds of making a three are clearly better than making a two, getting a stop, and winning an OT.

The undefeated season factor is not going to age well. The 1992 college basketball landscape included players like a junior Shaquille O’Neal and senior Alonzo Mourning. Luka Garza and Evan Mobley are not quite as good from a competition-adjusted perspective as those guys were. The 2021 West Coast Conference is not going to be remembered as a gauntlet. 1992 Kentucky is one of the most memorable teams in Kentucky history among Kentucky fans. 2021 UCLA should be forgotten by tomorrow, and there are currently no UCLA fans.

This is all moot when Baylor beats them. I was actually rooting for Gonzaga, but these dumb Twitter hot take artists have made me root for a man I hate from a school whose student body I would also probably hate.

This game was really entertaining. Would've been perfect if it ended with Juzang draining a three rather than Suggs' ugly bank-in. Juzang was fun to watch, and it was puzzling how instead of giving him the ball every play UCLA let their worse players have a turn at it. Also that "block" by Suggs towards the end of regulation was an impactful missed call.

I don't usually care much about Gonzaga, but Timme is so unlikeable. Hopefully he doesn't stick in the NBA so I never have to watch him again after Monday. I have a feeling Baylor's bigs are going to be biting on fakes and gifting him and ones all game, at which point I will turn off the TV and remind myself that college basketball is a dead sport.

I guarantee you there was a bad call in the first half that benefitted UCLA that was just as impactful. We've got to stop with this laser focus on one play just because it happened late. I don't really have any skin in the game, but it just gets old.

I guarantee you there was a bad call in the first half that benefitted UCLA that was just as impactful. We've got to stop with this laser focus on one play just because it happened late. I don't really have any skin in the game, but it just gets old.
I completely agree with your general point, but with the way Timme was acting out there we all should feel responsible to do anything we can to discredit Gonzaga's win.

Saying the stakes were higher is deceptive and intellectually lazy to an extent. Yes, it was a Final Four game compared to an Elite Eight game, but I've heard a number of coaches say there's more pressure in an Elite Eight game than any other because the pressure of getting to the Final Four is so tremendous.

Also, all that was at stake in Duke-Kentucky was a team trying to repeat as champion for the first time in two decades; a team firmly entrenching itself as a dynasty (unheard of with tournament expansion); and a coach unequivocally establishing himself as the modern-day Wooden. And the game itself was just an epic war of wills between two programs with two truly exceptional coaches that cast long, wide shadows across the college basketball landscape.

Last edited:
Am I the only one here that just enjoys Gonzaga? They're fun to watch and seem likeable, and their fans have never done anything to offend me. Plus, the undefeated season is a fun storyline. No reason to overthink it.
If you root for teams that win all the time, have prominent white guys and are heavily reliant on pussy moves like drawing charges and shooting jumpers, sure, go ahead. As a man, I prefer not to root for a team like that.

This is all moot when Baylor beats them. I was actually rooting for Gonzaga, but these dumb Twitter hot take artists have made me root for a man I hate from a school whose student body I would also probably hate.

I think you'd fit in quite well in the Waco community. You'd make a ton of friends by getting immediately involved in the church.

That was way more like UNC-Nova than UK-Duke as far as the ending goes. Gonzaga likely wins in double OT if that doesn't go in. Duke has one of the biggest chokes of all-time if Laettner's doesn't go in.

Suggs' shot was probably taken like 10 feet closer to the basket than Hayward's which probably allowed for enough arc/touch that a bank shot was more likely to go in.

Or not. I don't know shit about physics. @physicsfactor

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom