Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] at Miami

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
nba-plain--f5428cd1-40ce-48d8-9111-a6e8729804f1.jpeg

Monday, February 6, 7pm ET, ESPN
Watsco Center

Ya this is pretty obviously a setup.

On the bright side, Duke’s next road win makes them a tourney lock. And if it happens this week, we might start to have a convo about a top-4 seed.

I know it seems like we lose down there every time but in the last ten seasons we’re 3-3 in that span, and that includes laying some pretty hard wood in 2014 and 2020. Hoss went in and stole their souls from them in a laugher before COVID happened. Obviously that was a much better team than this iteration but it’s not like playing in Raleigh

It's not that I think it's impossible for us to win at Miami or something. It's the circumstances. Plus, they basically played us to a draw in Cameron. I always favor the team going for revenge if the two teams are close in quality. They're more likely to make adjustments whereas we're more likely to stick with what worked. And they'll probably be more focused.

If we go 0-2 in two hard-fought competitive games, I'll be perfectly content thanks to tonight's satisfying W.

Yup, I was hoping for 2-2 over this 4 game stretch and we’ve already notched a pair of wins. Stealing one in Miami or Charlottesville would be gravy.

We finally hit the easy part of the schedule after the UVA game, with 4/5 at Cameron.

That's a little bigger than I expected, but maybe Vegas is thinking what we're all thinking.

Maybe it is because I'm nuts, but I am actually looking forward to this game. It's certainly possible that Duke fails to show up mentally and gets crushed. But if they do show up, I think Duke is a much tougher matchup for Miami than we are all used to seeing.

Yeah, Duke just can't act like the season ended yesterday. Regular season title is somehow in play.

I think the line is too high and would be surprised if it didn’t settle at 2.5 or 3.

This is a good matchup for Duke if Lively has truly become the most dominant rim protector in basketball history. Miami is good from 3 but they thrive on 2s. Having a guy who blocks about half of all shots at the rim is a big deal against them.

Line is down to Miami by 2.5 almost everywhere. DraftKings has it at 3, but will likely align with the others.

Interestingly, Whitehead was announced OUT this morning. Hopefully back for UVA because he would be very useful in that game.

I think Lively will get called for a few touch fouls because of Hubert's whining, and Duke loses by about 5.

I'm still exhausted from watching on Saturday night. I don't know how they're going to be able to actually play another game in an hour.

We should just run the JJ offense for Schutt all game and sit around in a zone or something. In reality, this is the situation where you hope he/Blakes/Young can step up and make an impact - can't imagine the guys who went wire to wire on Saturday will have much in the tank, even just emotionally.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom