Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2022-23] Wake Forest

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
college-basketball-roundup-appleby-wake-forest-upend-no-14-duke.jpg

Tuesday, January 31, 7pm ET, ESPN
Cameron Indoor Stadium

Wake tries to complete the regular season sweep of Duke and end their own 3-game losing streak, while Duke seeks to maintain momentum from the greatest win in program history.

We've been much, much better at home than on the road. This is also a revenge game, which I always thinks gives the team that lost the first game the advantage (assuming the teams are relatively equal).

We should win.

So...if we can beat Wake, but we lose to UNC, that would be our worst loss of the year based on the Quad System. Amazing.

Granted, UNC's only at 31 in the NET. If they beat us that might push them into the top 25, which would make it just another Quad 1 loss.

I looked it up and it was the 1999 game. And no surprise, it was followed by a big time spanking.

I looked it up and it was the 1999 game. And no surprise, it was followed by a big time spanking.
Their entire team sounds made up

….Wake Forest's Rafael Vidaurreta said of Duke.

Robert O'Kelley led the Demon Deacons (13-11, 4-8) with 19 points.

The game was delayed about 30 minutes whe Wake Forest reserve Ed Kargbookorogie, who also plays football, broke one of the glass backboards in warmups.

That's an all-time great name. I'm picturing someone roughly the size of that fat kid who worked us on NC State this year.

okay that sounds right. i remember getting to our seats as they were moving in the portable baskets and being bummed i missed the glass shattering.

That was during the period where you weren't allowed to dunk in warmups. People were pissed.

It was glorious. I still remember the little popping sound.

Since the game was a blowout, he even got a few minutes at the end, with the crowd egging him on to dunk.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom