Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] at Florida State

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Leonard-Hamilton-thumb.jpg

Saturday, February 17, 2pm ET, ESPN
Donald L. Tucker Civic Center

Kenpom: #83 overall, #114 offense, #52 defense

An even more miserable experience than usual awaits Duke players and fans alike. FSU fouls at an extraordinary rate on defense and draws a lot of fouls on offense. One player in their rotation shoots above 32% from 3. FSU doesn't like taking 3s and doesn't like defending 3s. Their goal is to reenact Knicks/Heat games from the late 90s.

With ACC football teams prohibited from competing for national titles, visits in Tallahassee by Duke basketball are all FSU sports fans have to live for. It will be a raucous environment for a terrible product on the court.

Last edited:
Leonard Hamilton has really fallen off a cliff the last few years. This would be a bad game to lose.

Weirdly, we’ve barely played in Tallahassee for a long time. Only the second game there since 2019 (the ‘21 game was wiped due to COVID), and the fifth since 2013.

Leonard Hamilton has really fallen off a cliff the last few years. This would be a bad game to lose.

Weirdly, we’ve barely played in Tallahassee for a long time. Only the second game there since 2019 (the ‘21 game was wiped due to COVID), and the fifth since 2013.
There's no room on our schedule with all the games in Blacksburg.

Trilly this afternoon on Discord:

"Here's some spicy news for your Friday:FSU's basketball players are reportedly on a strike right now because they haven't received their NIL payments. They didn't show up to practice yesterday and don't plan on showing up today. They play Duke tomorrow."

But what can the school do? I assume this is third party booster related NIL who are unhappy with the quality of the product they paid for.

Midday games are the absolute worst. I'm sure you old fucks like them because you go to bed at 5pm. But for me, they just interrupt everything. Not that I actually watch live. But I prefer to have a full day before I have to start worrying about whether Duke is losing a game I refuse to watch.

I was just thinking earlier today that we're actually pretty healthy right now.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom