Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] at Louisville

What’s your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has to tighten up the fouls, but I thought he got kind of a tough whistle tonight. He was mostly in position and making the right rotations, which was very nice to see.

I wouldn't normally be very happy with a performance that included 0 FGs and 4 fouls in 15 minutes, but I'm mainly happy that Jon trusted him with so many important minutes and he didn't fuck it up.

Also, I don't know if it's his activity/gravity, contagious effort, or what, but I feel like our OREB% tends to be a lot higher with him on the court than off it, regardless of his own stats. Even though Louisville isn't good at rebounding, it was nice to crush someone on the boards.

Also, is Proctor good now? I can't make any sense of him.

I think I'm still skeptical of his effectiveness being capped against elite competition, but can't hurt to have him getting some confidence back either way.

Also, is Proctor good now? I can't make any sense of him.

I think I'm still skeptical of his effectiveness being capped against elite competition, but can't hurt to have him getting some confidence back either way.
I mean, he was pretty terrible in the Pittsburgh game. Shot poorly overall, missed a huge wide open three, looked surprisingly ineffective on defense, AND choked the three FTs at the end.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went 2-10 against Clemson. The jury is still out on if this is a breakout performance or just a random blip.

Also, those few possessions where we had had 4-out with three guards + Flip floating around the arc and pick and popping, and Stewart just loitering around the dunker spot and lurching around freely whenever a shot went up, were beautiful. Not all perfect outcomes or anything, but I feel like that's the model for this team.

Also, those few possessions where we had had 4-out with three guards + Flip floating around the arc and pick and popping, and Stewart just loitering around the dunker spot and lurching around freely whenever a shot went up, were beautiful. Not all perfect outcomes or anything, but I feel like that's the model for this team.
I mean, that's often what we do when Mark is out there. I never thought I'd argue that we need to pair Flip with a non-shooting 4, but the end result is that we use Flip better out of necessity.

Reactions: aiw
Flip makes me very tired. He had so many momentum-killing moments in the second half.
I wish we could give some of Flip's bull-in-a-china-shop aggression to Foster and Proctor. Too often, they seem scared to do anything because they might make a mistake. Meanwhile, Flip has Hansbrough syndrome. "Me shoot now." There's a healthy balance between the two extremes.

I trust Pants that Stewart had some positive minutes, but I'm watching the condensed game and they certainly didn't happen in the 1st half. 7-0 run as soon as he enters. Mitchell comes back in and immediately scores at the rim.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom