Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] at Pittsburgh

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
TMN_9583-scaled.jpg

Tuesday, January 9, 9pm ET, ESPN
Petersen Events Center

Kenpom: #53 overall, #72 offense, #46 defense

Pitt will be Duke’s first road opponent that is currently in the top 70 on Kenpom. Against three bad road opponents thus far, Duke has underperformed the Vegas spread by an average of 10 points per game.

Pitt is led by senior forward Blake Hinson, who has steadily improved throughout his career. He takes over 8 3s per game and has hit 40% over the past two seasons. His turnovers are significantly lower than last season despite increased usage.

Freshman point guard Bub Carrington is basically a poor man’s Tyrese Proctor. Same size, same great assist rate, same success inside the arc, same struggles from 3, just a bit worse all around. Good enough to be among the top 2 options on Pitt.

If this Duke team full of players and coaches born on third base want to shed the “soft” label, beating a reasonably good team on the road for the first time this season would be a great first step.

Pitt is the only decent ACC team Duke will face in its first 7 ACC games. These 2 games against them (the next one is in 2 weeks) are pretty much must-win if Duke wants to have any seeding respect before February.

Duke -5.5, for some reason. This one is really surprising. Torvik has us losing by a point and Kenpom has us winning by 4. I find 5.5 to be an odd line.

Duke fans playing the long game gotta be rooting for Coach Capel here

Already so tired and know we're gonna lose, but I'm gonna make myself watch.

It's been OK so far.

I do like how the PETE is booing Flip and only Flip every time he touches it.

I haven't watched a ton of the 1st half but I love what I've seen so far from the team rebounding. Seems like all the guys are hitting the boards rather than just one or two guys (with the exception of that last offensive sequence).

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom