Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] at Virginia Tech

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
6727fac5-3584-4061-a936-ea416d81a99a-large16x9_AP_18058099820435.jpg

Monday, January 29, 7pm ET, ESPN
Cassell Coliseum

Kenpom: #59 overall, #69 offense, #54 defense

1. This game will be played in Blacksburg, Virginia.

2. It’s a short turnaround for both teams, but VT will be at home for both of its games, whereas Duke will be traveling.

3. Duke will be looking ahead to its next game, at Chapel Hill against a buzzsaw that is a legitimate threat to be perfect in the ACC and to win the national championship.

It would take a diagnosable mental illness or intellectual disability for a Duke fan to bother thinking about or watching this game.

This would be the best win of Scheyer’s career thus far, IMO. He has no business getting this team ready to win this game. No coach could. Even discounting “vibes,” Duke shouldn’t be favored by more than 1-2 points.

It shouldn't fucking matter, but it does.

I’m trying to remember didn’t we get screwed by a no-call here too? Iirc it was overshadowed by the UVA screw job

7th time in 8 seasons playing there. Ridiculous.

How the fuck does that even happen? We’ve only played them at home 4 times in that span.
I think it's because when the ACC went from 16 to 18, and then to 20 games, they didn't really care about who played who in prior years when they set up the new scheduling systems. It's definitely stupid.

Yes. This is where the VT guy celebrated and punched Flip in the face

This would be the best win of Scheyer’s career thus far, IMO. He has no business getting this team ready to win this game. No coach could. Even discounting “vibes,” Duke shouldn’t be favored by more than 1-2 points.
I wouldn't even game-plan. Just give them the day off tomorrow. I would also sit Roach.

Yeah the spread is gonna be like 1-2 or whatever and there will be plenty of people in the US who will open their phones and bet Duke to beat a bubble team in Blacksburg, VA. If eugenics ever becomes the norm, we should start with those people.

I would suck on Axe’s tits if we win.

I wouldn't even game-plan. Just give them the day off tomorrow. I would also sit Roach.
I would be very impressed with Scheyer if he takes it further and rests all starters. You get the benefit of seeing guys like Foster, Stewart and Power for 30+ minutes in a competitive environment, the starters get healthier, and there’s no realistic downside. The best NBA coaches do this all the time. The only difference in college is the unwritten rule of always trying your hardest to win, which a truly transcendent coach would let go of.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom