Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Baylor (Garden Classic, New York)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn’t know what the fuck Jon was doing putting in Ryan with 6 minutes left. Ballsy to not play Flip much those last 5 minutes

I can't really articulate how, but Young played much better team defense than Flip and Mark. He seemed to have the wherewithal to make sure he wasn't caught on isolation islands with Baylor guards, while Flip would waltz haphazardly into situations that ended with him getting schooled by the quicker player.
He absolutely did. But he also just fucking boxed out his fucking man on every Baylor shot, which when his man is Missi, helps a ton, regardless of who gets the rebound.

Yeah, but a lot of that was his misfortune of being on the floor during the minute when Caleb decided to allow back to back open 3s.

I can't really articulate how, but Young played much better team defense than Flip and Mark. He seemed to have the wherewithal to make sure he wasn't caught on isolation islands with Baylor guards, while Flip would waltz haphazardly into situations that ended with him getting schooled by the quicker player.
He absolutely did. But he also just fucking boxed out his fucking man on every Baylor shot, which when his man is Missi, helps a ton, regardless of who gets the rebound.
Well said. That's exactly what I saw; you've explained it much better than I did.

Ryan's high basketball IQ play went beyond the boxscore tonight, so if one didn't watch the game they likely wouldn't understand how his counting stats in this particular game isn't really indicative of how well he played late in the game. He was by far the most effective screener as well. It seemed like every time he'd carve out space and give the guards a ton of separation.

I think Baylor basically was trying to throw the ball at the rim and have Missi dunk them all on putbacks. Flip was cooperating by trying to block the shot and thus leaving Missi free to do that. Young realized this and he didn’t try to block the shot, he just stayed back and made sure he boxed Missi out and all those bad shots turned into defensive stops as we were able to grab the rebounds.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom