Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Clemson

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My man-crush on Mitchell continues. Too bad he doesn't approve of man-crushes.
Good thing you didn’t attend this one because he was awful defensively in the 2nd half. Got killed on the boards and surprisingly was routinely out of position.

Hopefully it was just a one-off for him. I count on him and Proctor as being the only guy who can play defense on this team. (Sorry but I’m not counting Blakes as a realistic option in meaningful games)
Yeah, but he played an incredible first half. Was clearly the best player on the floor. So I'll let him off the hook.
Oh. I didn’t turn the game on until later in the first half, so I missed all the good stuff. Sad.@

Good thing you didn’t attend this one because he was awful defensively in the 2nd half. Got killed on the boards and surprisingly was routinely out of position.

Hopefully it was just a one-off for him. I count on him and Proctor as being the only guy who can play defense on this team. (Sorry but I’m not counting Blakes as a realistic option in meaningful games)
Yeah, but he played an incredible first half. Was clearly the best player on the floor. So I'll let him off the hook.
Oh. I didn’t turn the game on until later in the first half, so I missed all the good stuff. Sad.@
The end of the first half, when we allowed a 6-0 run was a harbinger of things to come.

Oh for sure. We called it in the game thread when it happened. Had a chance to put the game away and decided to fart all over the floor for a few minutes to end the half.

It wasn’t a bad call when referee called a foul and Flip fouled out the possession before giving Hall two free throws? Fuck Doug Gottleib.

Also, to give Mark a bit more credit, he managed to get the two biggest steals of the game on back to back entry passes. I won't deny that he was ass for 18 minutes of the second half. But he and McCain were huge defensively down the stretch.

A bullshit call?

What a fucking tool this dude is.

To come back to this, I just did a close rewatch. I would argue that the foul that Flip committed on Hall that fouled him out involved far less contact than the foul Proctor drew.

If you wanted to argue that the foul on Flip's and-one was kind of weak, I could buy that a bit more. You could also argue that Flip got away with several fouls while protecting the rim in the first half. I thought the steal that he had at half court was also a foul. So there are bad calls you could point to.

But of course the anti-Duke contingent doesn't focus on any of that. Instead, they focus on two very clear-cut plays at the end of the game. Proctor was hammered (twice). And then when Clemson threw the inbound, their player barreled right into Mark Mitchell (who was jumping straight up and down). Neither the Proctor foul nor the non-call there are remotely debatable, imo.

I wish people who wanted to accuse the refs of costing a team a game had better memories or paid closer attention. There are always legitimately bad calls you can point to. But for some reason, people only think the calls in the last two minutes are worthy of debate. It's the same fallacy that causes us to lionize a player who shoots poorly but "hits the big ones." They're all big ones.

If that foul on Proctor's drive occurs with 12 minutes left in the first half, no one bats an eye.

I didn’t know people were complaining about the final Clemson inbound heave. When has that kind of ball in the air play ever been a foul on the guy who was already occupying the spot? If anything, it should have been a foul on Hall/Clemson.

The funniest complaint I’ve seen multiple times is that Proctor traveled before the foul. Well yeah, if you ignore that Clemson fouled the hell out of him, and it wasn’t called.

I didn’t know people were complaining about the final Clemson inbound heave. When has that kind of ball in the air play ever been a foul on the guy who was already occupying the spot? If anything, it should have been a foul on Hall/Clemson.

The funniest complaint I’ve seen multiple times is that Proctor traveled before the foul. Well yeah, if you ignore that Clemson fouled the hell out of him, and it wasn’t called.
I think arguing that Proctor pushed off would be more legitimate than arguing that he traveled. One way or another, there was uncalled contact.

The play itself sucked, btw. Proctor driving into traffic from the top of the key is almost as bad as Flip getting a perimeter iso on that earlier play. I'm surprised that Proctor didn't get his pocket picked when he went behind his back in traffic. The handle was super loose there.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom