Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Clemson

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just checked the score, at dinner and need to put my phone down. Can someone tell me how legit the foul that Tyrese drew at the end was?

Just checked the score, at dinner and need to put my phone down. Can someone tell me how legit the foul that Tyrese drew at the end was?
That’s part of the deal. Fouling with time left on the clock gives the opponent a chance.

Sounds like the main takeaways from this game are 1) Is Proctor turning the corner, 2) wtf is up with Flip and 3) will Clemson now sue to get out of the Grant of Rights?

I didn't watch (watched the last two minutes on replay after the game was over), but the thing I'm most disappointed with is the rebounding numbers, I actually thought this would be a game where maybe Ryan/Sean combine for 3 points but they get like 13 rebounds between them. That didn't happen, and Mark and Flip didn't do well on the boards either.

VT is a very different kind of team, but Carolina will destroy us on the glass if we rebound like we did today.

A win at Carolina would be almost as surprising as the 2012 and 2016 thefts. We do have ample history of shocking them in Chapel Hill in even years.

Luckily it ended up working, but I’m concerned coming out of a timeout with 15ish sec left and down 2 that Scheyer’s play was to have Filipowski, who had been awful all game, drive to the rim for the tie with plenty of time for the opponent to get a good final shot.

This was our usual pathetic performance, but to be fair, we should have won by a quite a bit more. We left a ton of points at the line. We also had a bunch of very makeable shots rim out. There was a point where we were up 29-20 in the first half. Flip had an and-one rim out. He bricked two FTs. Roach missed a floater. Mitchell missed the putback. Flip gets called for basket interference. The nexrt possession, Foster misses a wide open 10-footer.

We should have been up 15 after all of that. Clemson didn't score during that whole sequence. Foster extended it to 12 on a pullup three after that, but we would have been up like 18 at that point and Clemson probably folds. Granted, allowing them to score 45 in the second half is a travesty.

My man-crush on Mitchell continues. Too bad he doesn't approve of man-crushes.
Good thing you didn’t attend this one because he was awful defensively in the 2nd half. Got killed on the boards and surprisingly was routinely out of position.

Hopefully it was just a one-off for him. I count on him and Proctor as being the only guy who can play defense on this team. (Sorry but I’m not counting Blakes as a realistic option in meaningful games)

Are there any sites that rank the success of specific plays? I feel like Flip the Penetrator would be towards the bottom.

My man-crush on Mitchell continues. Too bad he doesn't approve of man-crushes.
Good thing you didn’t attend this one because he was awful defensively in the 2nd half. Got killed on the boards and surprisingly was routinely out of position.

Hopefully it was just a one-off for him. I count on him and Proctor as being the only guy who can play defense on this team. (Sorry but I’m not counting Blakes as a realistic option in meaningful games)
Yeah, but he played an incredible first half. Was clearly the best player on the floor. So I'll let him off the hook.

Reactions: aiw

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom