Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Houston (NCAA S16)

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty crazy that Duke scored only 2 points in the final 3:48 in the game after Proctor's jumper got them to 52-48 lead. I would not have expected a Duke win in that type of scenario.

Pretty crazy that Duke scored only 2 points in the final 3:48 in the game after Proctor's jumper got them to 52-48 lead. I would not have expected a Duke win in that type of scenario.
12 total fouls called on Houston. I don’t know why the NCAA allows this from its officiating. It makes for such a garbage product.
I'm rewatching this game without any emotions. It's borderline unwatchable. You could have called roughly 500 fouls.

I was super impressed with Duke that they were able to be just as physical. Within the first few minutes, they'd elbowed a dude in the head and poked someone in the eye. Neither was called. But on the other side, Flip had a cut on his face and a bloody lip.

Smart coaches have realized that you can basically play basketball like a rugby match if you just establish that as your "style of play." I don't expect the NCAA to make any changes because they're completely dysfunctional. But it would not be hard to dramatically improve the product if they wanted to.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom