Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread Birmingham Bowl 2023

Inveigle

All American
Troy running back Kimani Vidal

The Birmingham Bowl will take place at noon ET on Saturday, Dec. 23, at Protective Stadium in Birmingham, Alabama.

I’m picking Troy to win but for Duke to cover the spread at +7.5. I also am predicting the game will go Under 44.5 total points.

While Troy will be without head coach Jon Sumrall, I still think the Trojans will play well on defense. They rank 10th in the FBS in scoring defense, having allowed 17.15 points per game.

However, Duke also played well this year before head coach Mike Elko went to Texas A&M. The Blue Devils went 7-5 while playing in the ACC, so obviously there’s some talent on the roster.

I think this will end up being a close, low-scoring contest. But I believe Troy will manage to win.

Duke 17
Troy 20

Here's a list of players not available for the Birmingham Bowl for Troy due to transfer or opt out:

• LB Jayden McDonald
Duke players not playing in the Birmingham Bowl because of transfer or opting out:

• QB Riley Leonard
  • RB Jordan Waters
  • DE R.J. Oben
  • DT Aeneas Peebles
  • LB Dorian Mausi
  • S Jaylen Stinson
  • DB Brandon Johnson

11-0 lead into the 2nd quarter. Defense is playing a game. Moved the ball on offense but need to capitalize with TD's.

Man these announcers slobbering the knob of the Troy QB.

Here's a list of players not available for the Birmingham Bowl for Troy due to transfer or opt out:

• LB Jayden McDonald
Duke players not playing in the Birmingham Bowl because of transfer or opting out:

• QB Riley Leonard
  • RB Jordan Waters
  • DE R.J. Oben
  • DT Aeneas Peebles
  • LB Dorian Mausi
  • S Jaylen Stinson
  • DB Brandon Johnson

Was surprised to see Waters and Peebles playing today. Didn't see the others guys mentioned yet but I'm also working so I could've easily missed them.

Just heard Stinson's name on the broadcast. So at least 3 guys playing today that are currently in the portal or committed to other teams? Weird.

Just heard Stinson's name on the broadcast. So at least 3 guys playing today that are currently in the portal or committed to other teams? Weird.

Maybe they're reconsidering leaving by transfer.

Hope so, would be great. I'll expect them to be gone and hope to be pleasantly surprised if they do stick around.

Hope so, would be great. I'll expect them to be gone and hope to be pleasantly surprised if they do stick around.

I saw Manny Diaz is at the game. Just as a spectator. But he seems to be all in at this point.

Into the 4th Quarter and on 4th Down Troy will go for it and be denied. They turn the ball over on downs and Duke is into Troy field position with the ball. A score here by Duke on this drive would be a death nail to Troy.

Interception by Troy. It seems like a deep punt with 9:07 left in the game.

Duke gives up a TD on a trick play pass to the Tackle Eligible play. Duke gets the kickoff up 17-10 with under 6 minutes remaining. A long drive and a FG would seal this game.

All Troy Time Outs exhausted. 3rd and 6 for Duke with 2:43 left. No gain and now Duke will punt with 1:55 left to play.

My dumb internet went out with 6 minutes left in the 4th and Duke with the ball. So annoying. Glad Duke was able to get the win. That's crazy that Duke's won 5 bowls in a row, that's awesome.

Troy was a touchdown favorite, huh.

That’s the Birmingham Bowl for you. Anything can happen.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom