Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Brandon Ingram

thewiseben said:
Thain said:
thewiseben said:
Going to miss him, he was a really enjoyable player to watch grow and seemed like a positive addition in all dimensions.

Agreed. I was driving through Kinston today, on purpose, and it hit me that I am going to really miss him playing. I have liked a lot of the OAD's we have had but I think he probably made the most connection with me and other fans. Tyus did to but for some reason I just like Ingram so much more.

I think part of this was that in some ways we didn't get to know Tyus as much as we could have because we (wrongly) assumed we'd get him for two years. With Ingram, he was engaging and open from day one and we knew that we'd never really get a second year from him. I think the likability/relating to thing has a ton to do with our relative expectations for the two.

A one night stand who seems too hot to stick around and have brunch with but is really nice and fun the night before vs the girl you slept with and thought there might be a future with but who didn't ever return a call.

Yeah, but Tyus did awful nasty things for us. We might have thought there was a future, but we'll never forget that night.

If you believe there is a future with a 19 year old girl who gives you the sexual equivalent of a dramatic national championship combined with tearing the hearts out of the Heels twice, you're naive and it's your own fault. I can't even think what the equivalency would be, but it would probably involve cheerleader uniforms, ass play, genital shaving and strangely enough, the presence of Justise Winslow.

I'm not sure where Snow was when he tweeted this, but hopefully it is a place with a good representation of NBA people, rather than, say, the Sacramento Kings practice facility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woj's team is going all in on Ingram as the #1 pick:
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/vertical- ... 55100.html

All in all, Ingram isn’t the same level of prospect that Durant was despite having many similarities. With that said, Ingram has come a long way over the past 18 months, and with his physical tools and foundational skill set, he is, in our view, the top prospect in the 2016 NBA draft.

Glad to see The Players' Tribune is catching on among the younger generation. Great story of Ingram by Ingram.

Coach K pulled out his phone. It’s an iPhone 6. For some reason, I’d never considered that Coach K even owned a phone. Not to mention an iPhone 6. But anyway, he said:

“You’ve got a good Instagram.”

Before he left, Coach K said something that I haven’t forgotten.

“I can only promise you one thing: The next level will be an adjustment. I can’t guarantee that you’ll start for me, but you’ll have a shot.”

That really made an impact on me.

Here was the most famous coach in America saying to a recruit, No guarantees.

Antonio and Brennan: I probably hang out with you guys more than anyone, going to eat or going to the movies. Thanks for reminding me to be myself. Like true friends, you were always willing to compliment me on good stuff and to criticize me when I needed it.

Ending is onions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great article, I look forward to watching him in the pros.

So either Ingram is just talking about tat advice or Vrank is an essential 4-year guy for this program regardless of playing time.

When I first read it, I thought "Who the fuck is Antonio?"

Does Weird A/Kingram overtake Shelden/Chocolate Melc as the coolest/oddest besties in Duke history?

Besser and Ingram is stranger than Weird A and Ingram, imo.

Deeyoukayee, are you thinking of Dockery and Randolph? They used to hang out because of their "faith."

deeyoukayeee said:
Does Weird A/Kingram overtake Shelden/Chocolate Melc as the coolest/oddest besties in Duke history?
He meant White Melc. Those two were close per one of those ESPN/SI articles.

bdotling said:
deeyoukayeee said:
He meant White Melc. Those two were close per one of those ESPN/SI articles.

Yeah. Christ I'm getting old. Who was Chocolate Melc, I'm totally blanking?

Shelden and Lee were best friends. At the senior banquet, both spent a decent part of their speeches talking about each other. It made an otherwise depressing banquet pretty cool.

Chocolate Melch is the best nickname ever. Ever.

Looking pretty good in tonights game. Apparently eating 5000 calories a day to put on weight.

He's had some jaw-dropping plays already. He and DeAngelo Russell look like the best players on the floor.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom