Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Cassius Stanley

One back would be nice. The latest rumor mill has Hurt leaning towards returning but who knows. Stanleys post could be read either way.

I'd be thrilled to see him back, but given where he is skill wise and especially given how weak the draft is, it makes sense to go pro this year.

What's the Duke fan take gonna be on Stanley if he does go and stay in the draft this year after all the tomfoolery he's been pulling on his social media lately?

What's the Duke fan take gonna be on Stanley if he does go and stay in the draft this year after all the tomfoolery he's been pulling on his social media lately?

I personally won't care- He's in quarantine and is probably bored as shit. I would hope he doesn't do that, but I enjoyed him a ton for a few reasons. One, he out performed expectations. He committed to us very late, and there wasn't much recruitment of him. It was a situation where I think a lot of Duke fans were slightly skeptical (similar to Brakefield) because the commitment came out of left field. Also, because he wasn't considered a good shooter, no one was really expecting much from him and assumed (generally speaking) he would probably be a poor shooting, high turnover, player with some nice dunks. He actually turned into our third best player, had obviously some great dunks, but he was also a 35% 3pt shooter and he played under more control than I, and I assume most people, expected him to.

I think that when players over achieve, or, exceed expectations, it's easier to give them some slack and leniency. That's how I feel about Stanley. He could set up an entire announcement on Twitter regarding his decision, poop on a Duke flag, go to the NBA, and I would still really like him.

Want him to come back the most out of any player. So naturally he won’t be here.

I think he is coming back, that's about all I got. Just a hunch from all his bullshit posts. Feel like he would play himself into the lottery if he does indeed return. More worried about being deprived of an entire season of college basketball.

Anybody who's sniffing the top 60 this year should bolt. I love Stanley, would love to see him come back and be the guy next year. However, I just don't see basketball happening on the collegiate level, or it will be abbreviated.

He's an awesome Twitter follow and seems really smart, a guy you'd like to have a beer with. I'm rooting for him to succeed in life.

Yeah, it's always uncomfortable being torn being wanting a player to make a bad decision and come back versus wanting them to do the right thing for themselves to actually succeed in life. Duke's lack of development in returning players recently has not helped.

Yeah, it's always uncomfortable being torn being wanting a player to make a bad decision and come back versus wanting them to do the right thing for themselves to actually succeed in life. Duke's lack of development in returning players recently has not helped.

i think Dukes player development has been a mixed bag. Allen, Kennard, and Tre Jones all developed extremely well. You could even a toss a guy like Goldwire into that mix. A guy like Javin and others haven’t really developed at all.

i think Dukes player development has been a mixed bag. Allen, Kennard, and Tre Jones all developed extremely well. You could even a toss a guy like Goldwire into that mix. A guy like Javin and others haven’t really developed at all.
Look at the positions

Look at the positions
I thought the Plumlee brothers and Amile all developed too. Ryan Kelly did. It’s not like Duke just doesn’t develop by position. Javin didn’t develop but neither did Jack White or Alex O Connell

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom