Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2013-2014

Im personally under the assumption that Wiggins is never going to commit anywhere

Wow. That's an entire 3 weeks earlier. K's early season pwnage just took a hit. Teams will now catch us in early December instead of the new year.

aiw said:
Wow. That's an entire 3 weeks earlier. K's early season pwnage just took a hit. Teams will now catch us in early December instead of the new year.

Perfect for us to catch a second wave of development.

Duke kills it in Sept/Oct
Competition catches up in Dec
Duke struggles until February
Duke kills it in March/April, wins everything ever :P

From that USA Today link:

In the past, men's basketball teams were allotted 30 days of practice in the four weeks before their first games. Spreading 30 days of practice over an expanded time frame of 42 days allows for more flexibility in preseason practice schedules, and it also allows for teams' first practices to be on a Friday, meaning that Midnight Madness season tip-off events can take place on weekends.

I'm confused by the language. Does this mean that teams will still get the same amount of practice but be able to spread over a couple more weeks? If so, Duke's advantage is still there!

Total number of practices will still be the same as they've always been, just able to start them earlier. Can now spread them out a little bit more if you want, to potentially reduce some wear-and-tear and/or from knocking them back too much at the beginning.

It is certainly unseemly. I guess people can give you money for just about any purpose, and as long as you declare it on your taxes, it's ok.

Looking forward to having Pitt on the sched., even though they are a tough team. I like their program and Dixon seems to be a class act head coach.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom