Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2021-2022

jfc, didn't realize it was near or over 1,400 right now transferring. That's close to an average of 5 for every D1 school. With 4 entering the portal we actually have fewer than average leaving. The death of the sport if this is more than a one time deal.

Duke is in the difficult situation of having to deal with this plus having any player who even sniffs the NBA leave.

jfc, didn't realize it was near or over 1,400 right now transferring. That's close to an average of 5 for every D1 school. With 4 entering the portal we actually have fewer than average leaving. The death of the sport if this is more than a one time deal.

I've seen tweets about programs with the most, and it was mainly programs with coaches leaving (I know DePaul was one of them) having like 7 or 8. But I swear I saw just yesterday that Texas A&M -- where there's been no coaching change -- was up to 9 transfers out.

Buzz Williams has been a fucking disaster at A&M so far. They went 8-10 this year with 8 SEC games cancelled due to Covid. I'd been expecting him to be way better given his success at Marquette and VT, but I can't say I'm sad that he's face planted.

What I don't think has been anticipated with so many transfers is that not all of these players are going to land somewhere they may actually want to be. Rosters have not gotten bigger so there are the same amount of spots and a lot more athletes playing this game of musical chairs. In the end, there are going to be some unhappy kids either because they were not able to transfer to a program that was among their top choices or, worse, some players may be driven off of teams by unscrupulous coaches to make room for players from the portal.

Law of Unintended Consequences.

I wonder if we see a bunch of guys just return to their old school. That could be awkward.

An interesting product of this year has been several players transferring back to their first school from their second school, LeBron-to-Cavs-style. I think both of the ones I saw were doing this for their extra fifth year.

Whoa. What the fuck?

You don't hear about many famous people just dying from random car accidents. So randomly brutal.

That is just awful. Honestly, it's a bit weird stuff like this doesn't happen more often. Discounting violence/shootings, accidental deaths involving active athletes seems abnormally low. Marshall, Payne Stewart, Clemente, Uruguayan youth rugby team, etc. Clearly I'm missing a lot, but for the amount these guys travel it seems low.

BTW, he was pretty close to Tatum. He grew up in the Boston area and attended a lot of Celtics games. He formed friendships with Tatum, Brown, and Walker. Stevens was pretty shaken up about it too.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom