Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2021-2022

I'm pretty sure Holloway already signed, even if it isn't formally announced.

Edit: A couple of people I know talk to members of the Seton Hall coaching staff, and I've heard that Kevin Willard and Maryland was a done deal in early January, even though not formally/publicly announced. I would imagine Holloway and Seton Hall have been done for weeks.

I guess coaching is the only profession where the employee is vilified for advancing their professional status. Supposed to stay loyal to an employer and not watch out for them and their families best interests.
I think you must be misinterpreting someone if you think anyone here cares about Holloway leaving for Seton Hall. It’s a no-brainer.

Prior to the game tonight, which was absolutely awful to witness in person, I had a random encounter with Keydren Clark, St. Peter's career scoring leader.
We chatted basketball and discussed St Peter's chances. In addition, Clark, with 2 other former players, expressed their concern that Duke couldn't shoot 3's.
Of particular interest to this board was their collective assessment that one Trevor Keels was a "black hole" for Duke, who would "shoot Duke right out of a game".

Of particular interest to this board was their collective assessment that one Trevor Keels was a "black hole" for Duke, who would "shoot Duke right out of a game".
Well yeah; clearly they must've caught the Ohio State loss when he was 3-12.

Or the Miami loss in which he was 2-11.
Or the FSU loss in which he was 3-11.
Or the UVA loss in which he was 3-11.
In the UNC loss he was a slightly more respectable 4-12.
... followed up by 1-7 in the VT loss (after going 1-7 in the too-narrow Miami win the day before).

In fairness to Trevor, though, we also beat Gonzaga despite him going 2-11 in that one, too.

Kevin, I’m happy for Shaheen. One of the biggest recruiting misses during my time at Duke. My comment related to the timing of the story, when his saint Peters players were still with him in the locker room. Just get them home first, Granted, Kevin Willard handled it even worse.

As an aside, do you see yourself moving back to an assistant job after next year or just move back to a smaller school as head coach?

Who's vilifying him? I think aiw was more making fun of his disingenuous answer. I'm personally happy for him.
My lol was that the story of the deal being finalized came out before he could even give his answer, at least according to the timing of the tweets.

... followed up by 1-7 in the VT loss (after going 1-7 in the too-narrow Miami win the day before).

In fairness to Trevor, though, we also beat Gonzaga despite him going 2-11 in that one, too.

I want the Keels from the last 2 games on offense:

Ark 4-9 (would be happier with 2-5, than 1-4 from 3, though) in 25 minutes

or

MSU 0-3(0-2), but yanked because he could have chucked them out of it in 14 minutes

Coached need to recognize early what is going on and act accordingly (though no Bates please)

They may need to convince bad, chucker Keels not to shoot and leave him on the floor though

Kevin, I’m happy for Shaheen. One of the biggest recruiting misses during my time at Duke. My comment related to the timing of the story, when his saint Peters players were still with him in the locker room. Just get them home first, Granted, Kevin Willard handled it even worse.

As an aside, do you see yourself moving back to an assistant job after next year or just move back to a smaller school as head coach?

Has Oak Hill hired a new head coach yet?

I

I want the Keels from the last 2 games on offense:

Ark 4-9 (would be happier with 2-5, than 1-4 from 3, though) in 25 minutes

or

MSU 0-3(0-2), but yanked because he could have chucked them out of it in 14 minutes

Coached need to recognize early what is going on and act accordingly (though no Bates please)

They may need to convince bad, chucker Keels not to shoot and leave him on the floor though
I want the Keels that plays good on ball defense. I felt like that existed at one point in time

I think he must still be dealing with some sort of injury. It's not just the bad defense. It's that he hasn't taken more than nine shots in the last six games. That started before his reduction in minutes. When he came back from his injury initially, he was playing his best basketball of the season. But maybe he re-tweaked something.

89% FT, solid FT attempt rate and 3pt attempt rate. 29% usage, 115 efficiency. 25% assist, 15% turnover. 4th best defensive rating on the team as their point guard. Guessing Calipari welcomes him and turns him into an NPOY-caliber star.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom