Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2023-2024

Well Purdue would be Torvik preseason #1 if they do get Edey back. This was a top 10 Kenpom team returning everyone that matters and freshmen starters are becoming sophomores.

On the flip side, they didn’t look great beginning in Feb and obviously their March performance has been a disaster. Probably one of the rare teams where you can, with some confidence, make pretty different predictions regarding regular season finish and NCAAT performance.

So it just depends which of those two the preseason rankings are meant to meant to project.

I hope everyone comes back for Purdue and we get to play them in the tournament. Granted, beating them would require Scheyer to go small. So maybe I shouldn't want that matchup.

This is the Texas starting center announcing his return. Presumably impacts Shedrick as it relates to Texas. The Mizzou small ball center did declare today but is preserving eligibility.

He cancelled his visit to Xavier apparently so they are out. I think K State is the other team in the final five.

Wake and Virginia Tech are both teams that have the personnel to make the tourney next year if things click right. Basically, both have some veteran guards with experience in the system, one or two bigs with some experience, and a couple of intriguing additions.

In addition to Monsanto and Hildreth (and now Sallis), Wake has a guard (Ituka) who was really good as a freshman at Marist, transferred to Wake, and missed last year due to injury. If they get Klintmann back from the draft, I think they could be as good at Pitt was last year.

Sallis is a solid defensive player but he can't shoot. That was the knock on him coming into college is that his shot was questionable. It hasn't gotten any better. Nebraska tried to get him but he wanted to be on a tourney capable team and it's unlikely the Huskers will be good enough to compete to make the tournament with a point guard that can't shoot.

State’s added some nice pieces from the portal. Georgia Tech got a kid today from Ole Miss that it sounds like will be a good player for them. I don’t know what the hell is going on at FSU, seems they’ve lost a lot and not brought in much.

Man, these guys look to be the only blue blood so far just unashamed about making the bids necessary to make sure they are stacked every year. I really hope Bill Self retires soon because otherwise I see them as a one seed more often than not

Yeah, Self doesn’t give a fuck. He does whatever it takes to make sure they’ve got a shot every season. They’re gonna be really good yet again. Dickinson fits what Self wants to do on both ends perfectly. They’ve still got a shot at Mgbako, too, though I think G League and Louisville probably lead.

It's still Louisville for Mgbako, from what I've heard.

As for Dickinson, I can see how he would work great at Kansas. He wouldn't have made any sense for us. I know that's not the point you guys are making, though.

The problem for them is that their presumed starting 4 is KJ Adams, who only took three attempts from 3 last year. Their PG is a great passer but a pretty low volume shooter too. So I think their spacing could be kind of fucked up. Last year Adams started alongside Jalen Wilson in the front court who played a ton on the perimeter.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom