Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2024-2025

ZackM

Administrator
Staff member
College Basketball 2024-2025

Last edited:
Last program to win more than two consecutive titles was UCLA, which bagged seven straight from 1967-1973. Duke lost in the second round in 1993, and Florida missed the tournament altogether in 2008.

Even Saban and Smart failed to threepeat in CFB. Brady and Belichick never got particularly close to it. We’ll see what Reid and Mahomes do next year. Even the Warriors never threepeated. The 2000-2002 Lakers were the last team to do it in any major college or pro sport.

The odds are heavily stacked against UConn in 2025.

Last program to win more than two consecutive titles was UCLA, which bagged seven straight from 1967-1973. Duke lost in the second round in 1993, and Florida missed the tournament altogether in 2008.

Even Saban and Smart failed to threepeat in CFB. Brady and Belichick never got particularly close to it. We’ll see what Reid and Mahomes do next year. Even the Warriors never threepeated. The 2000-2002 Lakers were the last team to do it in any major college or pro sport.

The odds are heavily stacked against UConn in 2025.
Depending on how one looks at it, it technically has been close a few times.

Sure, there are some intangible variables to consider in these what-if scenarios that this overlooks, but:

We technically were one game from threepeating from 1990-1992. UK was one game from it from 96 to 98.

MSU's title in 2000 is sandwiched between two FF runs in 1999 and 2001.

Other than that, no one really has been close to it just by the raw numbers.

The path for Duke goes through Raleigh or Lexington in the best case.

The regional sites are good for Duke at least. No one cares enough about college sports to root against Duke in Atlanta or Newark. If only McCain would stick around, he could play in front of his (their?) people in SF.

No idea how synergy knows this or how many schools for which they have access data, but would be interested to look back in a year and see if these are guys who outperform rankings.

Also. Chandler Bing. Has to have been named after the character, right? Would have been born after Friends concluded.

No idea how synergy knows this or how many schools for which they have access data, but would be interested to look back in a year and see if these are guys who outperform rankings.

Also. Chandler Bing. Has to have been named after the character, right? Would have been born after Friends concluded.

Is Duke's most-hyped prospect the one stealing possessions from more efficient teammates?

RIP Duke as the 2025 title favorites, April 8, 2024 - April 9, 2024.

Houston is pretty much a lock to be an elite team next year if they stay healthy. I think Gonzaga is, too. They bring back almost their entire team and they improved a lot in the 2nd half of this season.

I’ll believe Sampson’s slight variation of Bennettball can win it all when I see it.

I’ll believe Sampson’s slight variation of Bennettball can win it all when I see it.

He's been to a Final Four at two schools. He's a much better overall coach than Bennett. His offense isn't great, but it's much better stylistically than Bennett's as evidenced by his post-season success. Their last 5 NCAAT appearances are: 3 Sweet Sixteens, an Elite Eight, and a Final Four. It would've been 4 Sweet Sixteen's but he lost on a buzzer-beater to Michigan in the Round of 32.

Regardless, the more elite teams there are the more difficult it is to win the National Championship. Houston will be an elite team, which makes it more difficult for us in theory.

That said, the fact that these schools are getting high impact players in the portal and getting them to return has me believing more and more that Duke's methodology is flawed.

Shead should probably put his name in the draft, imo. He's at minimum a solid NBA backup.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom