Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball Recruiting

Finished with 39 and he was absolutely sensational. He is a filthy offensive player.

I like the Collins kid going to Michigan. Not sure I see much there offensively, but he made so many smart plays, got on the ground, came up with some big rebounds.

I like Bailey as a college player. Does he have the athletic profile to be a difference maker professionally? He will certainly be productive at the college level.

Just some really good basketball the last two games. Kids competed hard, seemed like winning on TV to them mattered a lot, not a lot of the boring high school stuff you see on TV at times. That was good stuff. Excited to go back and watch that Oak Hill game.

I only watched the last five minutes of Holmgren/Bates, so I went back and watched the rest. I think I'd take Bates over Holmgren if I were drafting today. Almost all of his points were the type he could have gotten in an NBA game, whereas Holmgren isn't going to get all those loping transition buckets where no one stops the ball and he can just cruise through the lane without getting stripped. More development needed and thus more uncertainty there.

Holmgren's defense makes it a tough call, though. He looks like a game changer on that end as well. Bates... not so much. But hard to judge him too much for that at 16.

Easy nickname: Chinese Flu. It’s impressive how Few has made Gonzaga into the destination program for elite ex-US prospects who want to go to US college. They don’t consider any other school, though I suppose if K lowered himself to recruiting non-purebreds, he could probably land some.

The 2021 Seton Hall recruiting class is up and away the program's best in years, since 2014.

2014: #16 nationally, #3 in Big East
2015: #85 nationally, #8 in Big East
2016: #60 nationally, #8 in Big East
2017: #45 nationally, #6 in Big East
2018: #88 nationally, #8 in Big East
2019: #101 nationally, #7 in Big East
2020: #89 nationally, #8 in Big East
2021: #27 nationally, #7 in Big East

I figured Juwan Howard would be able to recruit at an elite level. I did not think he would have Michigan at #3 on Kenpom. It's like the other sports programs at Michigan have absorbed all of Jim Harbaugh's cock and balls so that he and the football program have none left. The hockey team had the #1 recruiting class and is also top 10 this season.

Of course he denies it on instagram, but that's about as worthless as you would expect.

I'm not going to lie - i'll laugh my ass off if this is how it unfolds, MSU fans were fairly insufferable when Bates signed.

The two GLeague guys who were expected to go top 10 are going to end up top 5, with more cash to get their lives started, more development against near-NBA-caliber competition, better coaching with NBA philosophies, and no sham classes to waste their time. Especially during COVID, with empty arenas and draconian lockdown rules on campus, college offers very little benefit over this. There's also no politicking with powerful head coaches in the GLeague about playing time and usage. The Ignite coaching staff exists solely to get these players ready for the NBA and maintain their draft stock. This is simply the much smarter business decision and long-term life decision.

OTOH, I have not heard a single word this season about that top 25 recruit who went to Howard, or Howard's basketball team. Apparently they have played 5 games total, going 1-4. They are outside the top 300 on Kenpom. That seems like an awful business decision.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom