Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dark skin?

Is there a way to add a Dark/Night theme forum skin easily?
It can definitely be done. This theme has been pretty much completely customized, so it wouldn't be super easy, but it also wouldn't be super difficult. I'll mess around with it tonight.

Do you have any reference forums I can look at the get a sense of what you're looking for?

My old android phone renders a pretty workable version just through the system browser. I will upload screenshots later

@ZackM here is the way that the Samsung browser would render it automatically in Android. As far as I can tell there's no PC/Mac/iOS equivalent feature. Obviously color schemes could be adapted, but this is a good starting point for what I am imagining:

EVMlBEf.jpg
0DqVI0t.jpg

m2118QW.jpg
WYbGR0R.jpg

0adILMC.jpg

@DurhamSon I think I've got it most of the way there. Give it a trial run and let me know what you think and if there's anything you think should be adjusted.

Style can be changed in the bottom left corner of the page.

Thanks Zack, that's pretty good, and even if you made no changes I think that would do the trick. I would consider changing the white text to somewhat more off-white, making the header blue a little darker, and changing the background color of embedded media if possible -- I understand it might not be -- but otherwise no complaints.

Last edited:
Is that better for the text? I'm not sure how to change the background color of embedded media. I'm assuming you're referring to twitter mostly?

Yeah that's better for the text. And yeah, the white twitter boxes are what I was referring to specifically.

Yeah that's better for the text. And yeah, the white twitter boxes are what I was referring to specifically.
Looks like the twitter box can't be changed. I reached out the the guy that handles the media embeds and he said he has no plans of implementing such a feature. Which is annoying because twitter's dev page says it's pretty easy to handle but within the forum's structure all of the embed coding is abstracted so I have no way of directly modifying it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom