Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke alumni

I don't know where to put this, so I'm digging this thread up from almost three years ago.

Did anyone know that Matt Daniels is the assistant special teams coordinator for the Cowboys? I only found out in reading about Jim Fassel's death (RIP). His son, John, is the head ST coordinator for the Cowboys, so with him stepping away for a bit to deal with the aftermath of his father's passing, Daniels is stepping in take over temporarily.

Am I crazy for thinking that it's sorta absurd that the Duke Football social media team wouldn't have noted at some point that a beloved former player is in a decently prominent position with one of the most historic professional organizations? Or am I being dramatic?

I don't know where to put this, so I'm digging this thread up from almost three years ago.

Did anyone know that Matt Daniels is the assistant special teams coordinator for the Cowboys? I only found out in reading about Jim Fassel's death (RIP). His son, John, is the head ST coordinator for the Cowboys, so with him stepping away for a bit to deal with the aftermath of his father's passing, Daniels is stepping in take over temporarily.

Am I crazy for thinking that it's sorta absurd that the Duke Football social media team wouldn't have noted at some point that a beloved former player is in a decently prominent position with one of the most historic professional organizations? Or am I being dramatic?

Daniels played college football for the Duke University Blue Devils. In 2008, as a true freshman, he played in 10 games with one start and finished the year with 22 tackles, one INT and one fumble recovery. In 2009 the Sophomore safety was an Academic All-ACC selection and started all 12 games and finished third on the team and 18th in the ACC with 83 tackles and added 3.0 tackles for loss, 0.5 quarterback sacks, six pass breakups and three caused fumbles. In 2010, his junior season, Daniels was again an Academic All-ACC choice and started all 12 games and finished second on the team with 93 total tackles and added 6.0 tackles for loss, seven PBUs, three caused fumbles, two fumble recoveries and one INT. In his Senior Year, 2011, Daniels was a Second-team All-American and finished with 126 tackles. He graduated Duke as the school's all-time leader in several key defensive categories such as tackles, caused fumbles, and pass breakups.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom