Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

I think we posted up Zion more as the year went on, not less. The problem was that the rest of the team fell apart.

I think we posted up Zion more as the year went on, not less. The problem was that the rest of the team fell apart.
I guess I just remember the end of the year where they ran those sets on the wing with RJ and Zion over and over.

The problem with Duke posting is they don’t often get creative with ball movement and screens to get guys in better post position. It’s mainly just one guy standing there trying to post, and he either gets fronted or gets pushed out pretty far while our guards make terrible entry passes. How many times did Duke turn it over vs MSU trying to get it into Zion?

It's absolutely hilarious to hear Amile and Jayson confirm this story in a recent interview with Scheyer - in the 2nd slide of the IG post.

This apparently happened when a freshman Tatum first landed on campus.

I count 4-5 who were not 1st round picks or projected to be 1st round picks, including catastrophic injury’d Hummel. Those who were not 1st rounders almost all went in the 2nd round or are having productive NBA careers.

Freshman DBPM might be better than overall BPM in terms of NBA predictive value. Activity/effort/awareness on defense, wingspan, athleticism.

So that's three guys in this year's draft? I don't think I actually watched any of them play this season.

However he's calculating DBPM must be far different than the way sports-reference does it. Sports-reference has Carter with a 7.5 DBPM, which is higher than Zion's 7.2.

ABC11 WTVD - DUKE'S FIRST TITLE: On this day 29 years ago ...

I think we sometimes forget how great a team this one was, and how many future NBA guys were on that team?

The same as all the NBA guys from the 1992 team except for Parks. Laettner, Davis, Hurley, Hill, and Lang.

The same as all the NBA guys from the 1992 team except for Parks. Laettner, Davis, Hurley, Hill, and Lang.

Losing to Wake Forest reminded me that this team also lost to Wake Forest

Brian Davis and Thomas Hill were drafted into the NBA but only Davis would go onto have one season with the Timberwolves and both played overseas

Crawford Palmer went to Dartmouth for a year, Greg Koubek, Jay Buckley, and Marty Clark finished their careers at Duke, while Billy McCaffrey transferred to Vanderbilt, all went undrafted

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom