Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Hosts Pittsburgh In Rocktoberfest Night Game

Inveigle

All American
Duke puts it's 3-1 record to task against the always tough Pitt Panthers(3-2) Saturday night at the Wade! Their Losses came against Penn State and Virginia while Duke's only loss was against Alabama to open the season, AND Pitt has a win over a ranked opponent, then #15 UCF in week three by a single point_

CURRENT STATS:

Team Stats
i
i
Points Per Game19.233.5
Points Allowed Per Game21.020.8
Total Yards404.4415.8
Yards Passing278.4221.5
Yards Rushing126.0194.3
Yards Allowed300.8339.8
Pass Yards Allowed209.0199.8
Rush Yards Allowed91.8140.0

Duke QB Quentin Harris has put up some very good numbers so far this season to go with a decent defense, but Pitt is known for it's running attack and Duke must shore up it's 140 yards a game average it gives up to win this important home stand- Duke is a -5 point favorite with the kickoff set for 8pm

Let's Go Duke!

@Inveigle bringing the RUCKUS

Unfortunately, given our past history, not only with Pitt but also with primetime night home ACC games, I feel like the safe money is with Pitt covering.

However, if Duke somehow manages to get this monkey off their back then we could be poised for a pretty decent season, especially considering the preseason predictions. I know VaTech is not that of old, however Duke showed some good things for three quarters of that game.

I'm interested to see how we are able to contain Pitt's rushing attack as they have gashed us in the past - D-Line rotations and freshness going into the fourth quarter will be key. I have a feeling that Cut is going to use the TO package on two or three series to try and keep our defense off the field. If we can actually move the ball it will be great - however, I have my doubts.

I wonder if we see more Shaka Heyward in this game? Quansah and Hill are both on the smaller side. Pitt tends to be the game where we go from the opinion of having a good defense to "holy hell we cannot tackle for shit".

It's a ROCTOBERFEST RUCKUS ,

bitches

Duke must stop the run in order to win this game, and not turn the ball over

Harris didn't have his best outing in that first half, second half was much better

But the early interceptions ruined any chance to win in spite of a great comeback

AND, Duke needed this win to secure a postseason bowl, it can still happen, but it's a much harder task because of this loss

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom