Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Women's Basketball

Not a good 'first' year for the #KaraEra

It's not terrible considering the context. She had to piece together a team through the transfer portal as the cupboard was left completely void of talent. Her first real recruiting class is coming in next season. By the time she was hired the current freshman class was essentially done nationwide.

Would like to see Coach Kara Lawson hit the transfer portal for some young talent.

10. Sydney Parrish, sophomore guard, Oregon

Parrish started 32 games for the Ducks this past season. At 6-2, she has good size for a guard and averaged 8.5 points and 3.3 rebounds per game while playing 25 minutes a game. Parrish is an Indiana native, so she might be looking to get closer to home, and with three seasons of eligibility remaining, programs will go after the former top-10 recruit.

11. Maddie Scherr, sophomore guard, Oregon

The former five-star recruit started 28 games for the Ducks this season, playing 27 minutes a game. Scherr averaged 4.7 points, 3.3 assists and 3.7 rebounds a game. As a solid outside shooter (32 percent) and with three years of eligibility remaining, she could become a starter or high-rotation player on another high-level power conference team.

The transfer portal is buzzing. Two star players from Maryland just entered. Kara needs to be all over bringing in high-end talent through the portal.

The transfer portal is buzzing. Two star players from Maryland just entered. Kara needs to be all over bringing in high-end talent through the portal.

I am really surprised to see those two go. I like watching Owusu.

And I saw this quote that made me go hmmm....

“We wish these student-athletes all the best as they continue their basketball careers and education elsewhere,” Coach Brenda Frese said in a statement to The Washington Post. “Every team has been impacted by the transfer portal on both ends of it. Maryland basketball is bigger than any one lineup or person. Our staff is committed to bringing the best student-athletes to Maryland.”

Article

Getting recruiting information on the women's side is not as simple as a quick google search, but from what I can gather, Duke is still in the mix for three highly-rated players in the 2023 class. Duke is in the top 5 for the 5th-ranked player in the class, point guard Hannah Hidalgo, and is in the top 5 for the 16th player, forward Cassandra Prosper, and just got an official visit from Oluchi Okanawa, a point guard ranked in the top 30.

FWIW, Mikayla Blakes, the younger sister of Jaylen Blakes, is an excellent high school basketball player. She plays for Rutgers Prep in NJ, and is ranked the #21 player in the 2024 recruiting class according to ESPN. Idk much about her recruitment but that would be a nice pull for Duke in the 2024 class.

Hannah Hidalgo, a PG ranked #5 in the country, is announcing her college decision on November 16th. She is deciding between Duke, Notre Dame, Stanford, UCF, Michigan, and Ohio State.

If she chooses Duke, it would give Duke two top 5 commitments, a likely top 3 class, and the best recruiting class at Duke in years.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom