Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Florida Gulf Coast Post Game Reaction

dukeofcalabash said:
ChibCU said:
The Seth issue still seems more serious than what the staff has been leading us to believe.

Which "Seth issue" are you referring to? The one from last year where he showed little leadership? The one from last year where he 'pouted' his way in games because of the attention given to a great freshman player? Or maybe simply the one from last year that showed he can't defend taller players, can't defend faster players, and was erratic at best in shooting percentage? He is a senior is he not?

Weird how you keep bringing stuff up from last year and ignore the obvious change in attitude he's taken this season. Makes sense to build your strawman against Seth that way but obviously a dumb statement.

dukeofcalabash said:
ChibCU said:
The Seth issue still seems more serious than what the staff has been leading us to believe.

Which "Seth issue" are you referring to? The one from last year where he showed little leadership? The one from last year where he 'pouted' his way in games because of the attention given to a great freshman player? Or maybe simply the one from last year that showed he can't defend taller players, can't defend faster players, and was erratic at best in shooting percentage? He is a senior is he not?

Was that blow up necessary?

All he's done since he got here is bash Seth. I don't want a bunch of "yes men," but this one-note posting is a waste of everybody's time.

Id actually love to hear a response from him. Im kind of intrigued to know the rationale since we cant get that on other forums

Seth Curry scored 10 of the last 15 points against UK. He is the reason we are currently ranked #5 instead of out of the top 10. And he did it on one good leg.

He's also added new facets to his game, which the announcers (who aren't the best at picking up on subtle changes, mind you) remarked on again and again during the last two games. He was improving as a penetrator a lot last year, but he's definitely taking it to a new level so far this year.

Why don't we focus on what he is this year instead of dwelling on (perceived) weakness from last year? And why don't we let more than 8% of the season elapse before declaring him unchanged? Lots of players make significant leaps, and it can occur at any point in their career. The examples at Duke alone number in the dozens.

I wonder if he has the same gripes about Mason's timidness last year and holds them to this year.

Seth had issues last season but hes more than worked on them and its about time to let it go.

I didn't address a lot of the gripes directly because it doesn't seem germane. Sure, he has weaknesses. Most players do. But he does many things very well. I think our team is better when he's on the floor than when he is not.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom