Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Golf

LOL. So today is our 3rd day at Disney. Played today at Lake Buena Vista. I literally haven't played a single round since my daughter was born almost 2-and-a-half yrs ago. I hit the driving range for about 20 minutes before the rd so that I wouldn't be too embarrassed. Literally my first 12 shots at the range were hall-of-fame terrible. I was afraid I'd abandon my rd by the 4th hole.

So I get up to the tee, grab my driver, and let 'er rip.

I proceeded to birdie 3 of my first 6 holes. I was just shaking my head laughing at that point. Granted, I still shot a 38 on the front, but I just couldn't believe it. I had warned the guys I played with beforehand, but I think they assumed I was sandbagging them big time. Usually, when you haven't played for a while, the biggest problem is your ability to predict distance and your short game, but I was just all over the flag.

Then the back 9 happened.

I parred 10 and 11, and then lost balls pretty much everywhere thereafter. I gave up by 17, and went to 'let's pretend that I hit the ball here and I'll see what I can do with this club' mode.

I soooo love and hate golf.

I usually strike the ball really well after a long layoff. After a few rounds I start to "remember" all those bad habits that I had been fighting prior to the break.

bfactor said:
I usually strike the ball really well after a long layoff. After a few rounds I start to "remember" all those bad habits that I had been fighting prior to the break.

Absolutely.

I was stalking the friggin' flag from anywhere inside 160 on the front.

On the back, my driver was too busy trying to find gators for me to have a chance for the tendency to continue...

My short game has been stellar lately. Of course because St. Andrew, the patron saint of golf, hates me, I can't drive to save my life.

Its just now getting warm enough to get out and play. I will update with my 2013 skillz in the coming weeks.

The guy who called in Tiger's rule violation went to UNC. End of debate.

I finally played the other day. It was the worst golf I've played since I was probably 12 years old. But, I hadn't touched a club in almost 2 years.

If Tiger nails this 2nd into the par 5, he can run away and hide. No way Mags won't bogey coming in.

I would love it if not only does Tiger win, but the old man and the rookie finish above Garcia.

Sergio is awesome. Loves him some water.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom