Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Henry Coleman

I know this won't be popular in these parts, but he's Javin Pt. 2 IMO.

He does nothing well other than playing with energy. I just don't see much skill. He's strong as hell, unlike Javin when he came in, but not as good an athlete.

Two really smart kids from the VA Prep League. He could easily be Javin 2.0, but Javin IMO should be a lot better than he is at this point. I think the odds are that Coleman develops more than him. Trinity folks are MUCH bigger fans of Coleman than they ever were of Bacot. Says he is about the most driven kid they have ever met.

I think he and Williams are a great dirty-work inside duo that will mesh nicely with the perimeter studs we have the next couple years. Play D, get boards, set screens and get the hell out of the way of Steward/Johnson/Griffin/Baldwin/etc.

From wha I’ve seen, better offensively than Jav but not as good on the defensive end.

I know this won't be popular in these parts, but he's Javin Pt. 2 IMO.

He does nothing well other than playing with energy. I just don't see much skill. He's strong as hell, unlike Javin when he came in, but not as good an athlete.
You're confused about what kind of board this is if you think this take won't be popular.

He's also shorter than Javin.

I like Coleman. But what part was different from what expecting? He's always been described as high motor, strong, quick, but limited in the places he can score from, and may be a bit foul prone. That seems to be all there. More slashing?

Those drives looked very Amile-esque.

At least in those highlights, he seems much more smooth on the perimeter than Amile did. He's attacking in transition and from the perimeter. I seem to remember Amile operating in the post with a face-up game and then attacking from the high post.

edit: yeah, this highlight tape pretty much confirms what I remembered. Even in high school his perimeter drives were just straight line drives- no change of pace or direction like Coleman was displaying in the clips @sjsj2448 posted.

In the clip @sjsj2448 posted there are multiple examples of Coleman displaying ball handling and change of direction that I didn't think he even partially possessed.

The opening clip at :01 and the clip at :25 are great examples of it- he beats the help defense twice on change of direction which is a great sign because it shows he's under control driving to the basket. He's also a very, very fluid athlete and his frame is already filled out.

I'm going to assume this guys jump-shot is terrible.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom