Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Honorary Physicsfactor Bowl Discussion Thread

Re: Duke Bowl Game Discussion

Supposedly the MCB wants Ole Miss to be their pick, but chances are Mississippi St will get the bid. MSU is a fraud of an 8-4, I think Duke could beat them which would be huge for the program.

Heather Dinich(ESPN ACC blog) - Belk Bowl, Dec. 27

Mark Schlabach/Brad Edwards (ESPN bowl "experts") - Belk Bowl

Jerry Palm (CBSsports) - Belk Bowl

Phil Steele - Belk Bowl

CFN - Belk Bowl

Looks like Charlotte, gents.

That would be so great for me

Im so split. Belk is easier for me to go to but I have friends in nashville and its just cooler. But, Charlotte is a midweek game which is tough for me.

Day off, 2 hours south, free tickets. Yes.

The main thing that sucks about Charlotte is that it's in... Charlotte. Also, no direct flights.

After the ACC championship game, Webb will focus on securing teams to play in the Belk Bowl Dec. 27 at Bank of America Stadium. In all likelihood, Webb said, Duke will be the ACC representative in Charlotte.

The Blue Devils are bowl eligible for the first time in 18 years.

“That’s a pretty good gamble,” Webb said of Duke’s possible date in Charlotte.

“We can’t say that for sure yet but we have the fourth pick (not counting the ACC champion going to the Orange Bowl) so we think we’ll get Duke.”

Webb said he expects the excitement over the Blue Devils’ first bowl game in nearly two decades will push ticket sales. He said Wake Forest sold approximately 30,000 tickets when it played Connecticut in the game five years ago.

The Big East opponent will be either Rutgers, Cincinnati or Louisville.

Article before Louisville's win last night

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/1 ... rylink=cpy

Anyone here in Charlotte? Couch/hotel/food suggestions? Or should that be it's own thread?

I'm accepting of the Belk Bowl, and it will equate to more Duke fans in attendance.

But damn, Nashville woulda been cool.

Rollins said:
I'm accepting of the Belk Bowl, and it will equate to more Duke fans in attendance.

But damn, Nashville woulda been cool.

Absolutely. Plus, then I wouldn't have had to figure out what the hell to do for NYE, therefore saving some much needed cash.

oh well.

Jeremy Cash is apparently eligible for the bowl, but would lose a year if he plays.

Better not play...

Isn't he a redshirt freshman anyways? Or did he actually play at OSU last year?

I ask because he might only have four years (including this one) of eligibility left, so it might make sense to play if possible?

Nah, he played last year. He'll have three years left if he sits out, two if he plays.

Oh, alright. Then I agree with you that he should sit out the bowl game. One would hope that we wouldn't have ANY injuries after a month of no games. But, on the other hand.... WE ARE DUKE!

bfactor said:
The main thing that sucks about Charlotte is that it's in... Charlotte. Also, no direct flights.
Funny, that's the reason I want Charlotte because it's one of the few direct flights from my local airport.

DrKlahn said:
Who's Belking it up this year?
I'm in. I want to see us win it after coming so close last year. They owe me that much after standing in that weather when I had a slight cold. :P

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom