Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Intermittent Problem w/ cookies affecting notifs & reacts

bfactor

#FreeTheKnueppel
(Placeholder thread while I try to troubleshoot on my end, in case anyone else is running into this)

Description:
At times starting this morning, started seeing the below error in a banner message when attempting to check my notifications and when trying to add a reaction. Possible that my token expired and I need to figure out how to trigger a new popup to allow cookies. Also possible that Firefox broke something with a recent update.

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site."

Severity: Critical as this is impeding my shitposting.

Config:
MacOS laptop
Firefox v103.0.2
Ehhanced tracking protection OFF
Privacy Badger OFF
Ublock Origin OFF
CookieAutodelete plugin Whitelisted for *.duke-forum.com

Steps to Reproduce:
Use above config, click on the bell shaped notification icon to get message

Will edit as I try things/find resolution. Interested to know if anyone else has seen this on any other configuration of client HW/browser.

Opening forum in additional tabs in the same browser window sometimes is not exhibiting this problem. Let's blame Mozilla.

I have the same issue on Firefox and have had it for a while. I just click the banner at the top to go back to home page and that seems to fix it.
I do too. I use Firefox for most things, and now open up Chrome when I want to go to Duke Forum.

I've actually not seen the problem since I completely quit Firefox and reopened. Probably had that open, with 100+ tabs, for months without closing. Might be coincidental.

I had the problem for like a year on my phone. I've never been using anything but Chrome as a browser.

I mentioned the issue once or twice, but once I figured out that I could solve it just by clicking on the banner I gave up mentioning it. It doesn't seem to happen often anymore.

I had the problem for like a year on my phone. I've never been using anything but Chrome as a browser.

I mentioned the issue once or twice, but once I figured out that I could solve it just by clicking on the banner I gave up mentioning it. It doesn't seem to happen often anymore.

This happens to me as well every time I visit the site.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom