Player Jalen Johnson

Johnson is entering with a much more advanced b-ball IQ than Reddish. I think he’s going to be much more better. Reddish was also more of a 2/3 I think Johnson is a 3/4

Apparently he grew up a Kentucky fan and his dad is a UNC fan. This is peak recruiting for Duke basketball.

Anecdotally, it seems "growing up a _____ fan" means absolutely nothing. Understandable when there is a potentially valuable career at stake and when you consider that for most, being a fan does not even carry 10% of the meaning that it might for the types of people that post here.

At this point, I actually get more of a thrill seeing UK fans get apoplectic over our recruiting than I do watching our team (with the exception of last year - Zion only). And of course both are way behind seeing UNC lose early. I would prefer a NC, but since that is unlikely to happen again, I'll just start to get comfortable with these lesser pleasures of being a fan.

From this POV, Jalen Johnson has likely already given me the most happiness he ever will. Thanks Jalen!

Is this the big guy who plays a lot of PG? Wasn't he number 1 or 2 overall at one point?

Seeing a standing reach of 8'8.5" from 2017 when he was 6'7 in shoes, but even that is fine for a college PF. Seems safe to say he should be a Duke 4, which means he'll be good.

As an aside, just noticed Reddish has a 8'9.5" reach, which puts him squarely in the Duke PF/C range. Wonder if his Duke "career" would have been different the roster had been different and he'd been forced to be a stretch 4.

Also, what would it even take to get us excited about a recruit in the post-Zion era? I'm not sure it's possible for me anymore.

After Cunningham, he's probably my favorite recruit in this class (which is loaded, imo). I also love Scottie Barnes, but it seems like we'll miss on both him and Cunningham. Not sure how seriously we're recruiting Barnes anyway.

Reactions: Slap the Floor
Obviously elite size and elite passer. Have heard Lonzo and Simmons comps but I don't think his shooting is that bad. Outside of Cade, this is the guy I wanted to build the class around. The thing that sticks out to me outside of his passing and size is his ability to finish around the rim through contact.

Obviously elite size and elite passer. Have heard Lonzo and Simmons comps but I don't think his shooting is that bad. Outside of Cade, this is the guy I wanted to build the class around. The thing that sticks out to me outside of his passing and size is his ability to finish around the rim through contact.

Agreed. And welcome aboard! We're always looking for new members that bring new perspectives. Head on over to the welcome thread at the top and tell us about yourself.

Reactions: TBC and torontoduke

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil