Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kentucky vs Duke - Tuesday, November 13, 9:30pm ESPN

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
State Farm Champions Classic at Atlanta

138507344_crop_650x440.jpg

Star power forward Kyle Wiltjer

The Wildcats of the University of Kentucky return 0 starters and 1 rotation player from their 38-2 national championship team last season. Their freshmen are currently projected by DraftExpress to be drafted #2 (C Nerlens Noel), #8 (SF Alex Poythress) and #10 (SG Archie Goodwin). Sophomore transfer PG Ryan Harrow is projected to be drafted #27 by DraftExpress, but he suffered from the flu in Kentucky's first game and was benched in favor of walk-on Jarrod Polson for most of the game.

Kentucky expected rotation:

PG Ryan Harrow, Jarrod Polson
SG Archie Goodwin, Julius Mays
SF Alex Poythress, Julius Mays
PF Kyle Wiltjer, Willie Cauley-Stein
C Nerlens Noel, Willie Cauley-Stein

Kentucky Kenpom.com rankings (still weighted with preseason projections):

#3 overall
#2 offense
#8 defense

Duke takes this one by 10. Mason goes for 12 and 9, Suliamon goes for 15, Curry goes for 18, and Harrow will be awful for UK.

It was quite telling that Polson was the close out PG, while 3rd year Harrow sat the bench. Their team is so much weaker than years past.

Polson is very heady. Saw him make a put back on a missed shot (not blocked out by bigger faster Maryland guard) and got a steal off of a missed FT that led to a circus shot bucket. He's also a lefty, which some people just don't figure out when they are on defense.

He's like Ky's TT.

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but I think we need Murphy to play.

ChibCU said:
It was quite telling that Polson was the close out PG, while 3rd year Harrow sat the bench. Their team is so much weaker than years past.
Same applies for all of college basketball this year Imo. I really don't think you guys should be too worried. You guys actually match up pretty decent with them besides Wiltjer. Does anyone actually believe Noel is the real #1 recruit of that class? He has no offensive game. Poythress just looked disinterested at parts last night. Goodwin looked pretty good though. That PG situation is a big deal for them.

Kelly can post up Wiltjer. I'm honestly more worried about Noel getting in Mason's head. Mason should physically overwhelm Noel, but I feel like Mason still doesn't understand what he is capable of. This game will say A LOT about our fortunes going forward. If Mason destroys Noel, we will have a great year barring injury.

rhfarmer said:
Kelly can post up Wiltjer. I'm honestly more worried about Noel getting in Mason's head. Mason should physically overwhelm Noel, but I feel like Mason still doesn't understand what he is capable of. This game will say A LOT about our fortunes going forward. If Mason destroys Noel, we will have a great year barring injury.

Spot on, imo. I'm hoping for a great game from Mason. Len showed that Noel is not #1 recruit quality.

Mason is gunna have a hay day with this game. I would be very surprised if he doesn't go for 20 and 15. Noel won't even know what happened to him. Curry will shoot over 40% from behind the arc getting in the double digits with points and also playing solid defense on a young wildcat backcourt. I see a 10-15 point win by duke

I'll be there tomorrow night. I am fully expecting us to lose, but should be two really good games.

Cal giving possible excuses left and right. Mays busted his eye, Harrow is sick, etc. he seems pretty worried about Kelly and Mason. Not sure why though. Duke doesn't develope bigs.

He's been downplaying this team since the preseason. I'm feeling it's a politician's game. Lower expectations so people think you did more with less.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom