Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Kevon Looney

Pantone287

Legend
Figure it's about time, right?

Just holy fuck @ the play at 0:10, and pretty much all the other ones too:

The one thing I'm trying to figure out is whether he could actually start at SF for us by the time he gets to college. From his first highlight videos, I would have said no, but his perimeter skills have looked a ton better in the last few, and I guess our SF won't have to create much alongside two of Cook/Jones/Shred anyway. And what a beastly frontline we'd (hopefully) have with Okafor/AJ/Looney if he could cut it on offense. Best rebounding/shotblocking Duke team ever?

I love Winslow, but Looney seems like he's been trending towards being the better overall prospect recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the Cork/Shirk/Hoot/Loopie/Orafon lineup. Unless Amile develops a jumper after the staff destroys his pro future by injecting 100 lbs of lard into him.

He's my favorite prospect in the class and the one (insert joke here) I've wanted the most. Think he's got the chance to be really, really fucking good.

It's like they injected Durant's game into Amile's body. I think he's our most important prospect after the Tyus/Jahlil combo.

best4heisman said:
It's like they injected Durant's game into Amile's body. I think he's our most important prospect after the Tyus/Jahlil combo.

So basically a shorter Durant.

Apparently, he rebounds much better than Durant did at the same stage though. In fact, rebounding is supposed to his main strength.

How tall is looney? I see him as a shorter Anthony Davis...not really a Durant type.

Durant is an elite rebounder using that weird advanced stat about % of rebounds grabbed when the ball is within a 3ft radius. I'd be happy if a Duke player did everything 20% as well as Durant.

ZackM said:
How tall is looney? I see him as a shorter Anthony Davis...not really a Durant type.

6'8". But I bet his standing reach makes him effectively a lot taller.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Durant is an elite rebounder using that weird advanced stat about % of rebounds grabbed when the ball is within a 3ft radius. I'd be happy if a Duke player did everything 20% as well as Durant.

Durant's a great rebounder now. Eight rebounds a game for someone who plays on the perimeter is excellent.

Just now watching the video. I am obsessed. His shotblocking is phenomenal...He either grabs the ball out of the air or controls the block enough to start a fast break for his teammates. How often do you see a highlight video that starts with a minute of shotblocking?

He looks like kind of subpar athletically. But it doesn't seem to matter.

Despite a lack of hops, he sure gets back up there quickly after a miss.

ZackM said:
He'd more perimeter-oriented than Davis. He seems to have a decent jumper and handle.

It must make K crazy to go see all this kids playing these shit zone defenses and knowing that a lot of these high major prospects are going to need so much work on D before they will see the floor at Duke.

I think my favorite play is where he shot fakes, drives the lane, hop steps, puts it up off the glass, and then follows his own miss.

Bob Knight would have an orgasm if he's still capable.

He looks so strong going to the rim, too. He takes some serious fouls and just blows through them. He really does look like Amile with each of his attributes boosted a few points.

I only just now watched that video. Reminds me more of Garnett or Favors than anyone else mentioned. Maybe Favors with Garnett's jumper based on the 100% FG shooting in a highlight video. Okafor will be a good college defender just because of his measurements if nothing else, but you don't hear about him being a good shotblocker. Looney looks like the perfect guy to put next to him.

So our starting lineup will be something like sophomore Hurley (senior Cook), junior Nolan (junior Sulaimon), freshman Deng (4th year Hood), freshman Favors (freshman Looney), sophomore Brand (freshman Okafor), and we'll have HS senior Irving (freshman Tyus) coming off the bench, along with a bunch of other guys who would all be 2nd or 3rd team ACC if they were on any other ACC team.

How devastating when they go 2-25 3pt against a gimmicky zone in the Sweet Sixteen.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom