Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kids

ZackM

Administrator
Staff member
Talk about your kids here. Please. For the love of Thornton.

It's ok. Sleep is overrated anyway...it's really not.

Thain said:
4 weeks and counting until baby Thain arrives.

Not that you don't already have enough advice pouring in, but this was our checklist:

Nursery furniture.
Car seat - take it to the local FD to check.
Call list - someone (typically some random aunt or uncle) is bound to get offended you didn't call them personally within minutes of birth. Screw 'em. Let your mom, dad, or sibling start that process on your end and the same on your wife's family's end.
Hospital bag - apparently they're sending home natural birth kids within 24-36 hours now. Ours were all C-sections, and we averaged at least 2-3 days per stay.
Have a pediatrician in mind - you'll want to schedule a checkup pretty soon after getting home. If you're in the Greensboro/Burlington area, I can recommend a couple.

If you're going to a hospital with multiple floor units, wear good running shoes. I thought about wearing flip-flops when the twins were born, and thank God I didn't, because with the nursery on the 1st, NICU on the 2nd, selective post-op moms on the 3rd, and slow-ass elevators. I was pretty busy that day.

Good luck, man! It can definitely be draining. I think I was more overwhelmed the 2nd time round, with twins coming and talking to our oldest who was going from The Only to The Big Sister.

Thain said:
It's ok. Sleep is overrated anyway...it's really not.
Hey, if your wife is breastfeeding, you get a pass! :P

I tended to get up anyway, though - refreshed my memory on a couple of seasons of Fresh Prince during those hours. :lol:

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Eventually this thread becomes dick pics.
:lol: Probably shouldn't say that in a "Kids" thread. You probably just put yourself on a watchlist.

It will be worse for me when they identify the dick in question as mine.

DukeNukem05 said:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Eventually this thread becomes dick pics.
:lol: Probably shouldn't say that in a "Kids" thread. You probably just put yourself on a watchlist.

You could be interpreting SM's post incorrectly, Nukem

Is this really a Kids thread, or a Non-Parents Trolling Parents thread? :P

I made a Disney movie music playlist last night. This post has nothing to do with kids, for the record.

I would post pics of my kid, but I don't want to make you guys feel like your kids are ugly.

This thread is going to taunt me for the next few years until I have to ultimately dive in when we have our first. Until then

physicsfactor said:
I would post pics of my kid, but I don't want to make you guys feel like your kids are ugly.

My kid will punch your kid.

Thanks for the advice dkst. We still have to pack the bag but everything else is basically taken care of. She actually had, what we later found out, was a Braxton Hicks contraction the other day. I freaked out and was like "we don't have a bag packed yet!!" Luckily it wasn't the real thing.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom