Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Mark Mitchell

He's essentially our center on offense. And he's really good at it. Great hands. Great positioning. Fills in space well and at the right times.

I don’t think I realized until watching the game last night that he’s become my favorite player on the team. Watching him fly around on defense, running guys off the line harder than anyone else, always seemed like he was mixing it up on the glass, he’s never felt like an unselfish guy, and he seems to be, perhaps with McCain, to be one that looks like he has fun.

ETA: After reading that a second time, that’s a legendary run-on sentence and I don’t regret it a bit. Go Mark.

He's also developed some pro-level awareness when it comes to drawing shooting fouls. He does it constantly, but there was one rebound in the second half in particular where it stuck out - one of those balls on the floor under the rim everyone was scrapping for.

Anyone else we have would have had it knocked away or gotten tied up, but he had the strength and awareness to just rake his arms up through the mess of limbs and make it an obvious shooting foul. Nice little veteran move.

He’s so much more decisive now when people play off of him. Put up a shot with some confidence, attack the free space, or move the ball to someone else. Credit to him and the coaches.

Yeah that’s a really good point. It does seem like a noticeable difference and improvement.

And to Pants’ point on the previous thread, as I was watching last night I couldn’t help but notice how much bigger and stronger he looked, particularly through his upper body and shoulders.

He was sooooo close to like 3 or 4 steals on the post or skip passes to the corner three.

He was sooooo close to like 3 or 4 steals on the post or skip passes to the corner three.
That's why I mentioned Bilas was crazy when he said Norchad was doing a good job of passing out of the early doubles with smaller guards on him. His passes were terrible and I thought Mark was gonna steal several and I was hoping Miami would keep going to it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom