Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

torontoduke said:
I realize he did not see the floor for very long (once again), but at this point I do not see how coaching can be blamed. His effort level in the paint is piss poor and I can understand how this reduces the staff's confidence in giving him more playing time.

This guy should be a rebounding machine.

No verve.

iojxRe7.jpg

FGlXf9Q.jpg

YdgG5K2.jpg

He actually looked pretty happy in other shots. Don't really care either way; I assume he's gone.

It warms the cockles of my heart to see future captains Javin and Jack enjoying themselves. Also Grayson cheesing is so good.

skins said:
It warms the cockles of my heart to see future captains Javin and Jack enjoying themselves. Also Grayson cheesing is so good.
I can't hear/read the word cockles without thinking about Dennis Leary's song about all of us. Spoiler tag to not fill this page with tangents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chase Jeter's vertical lift seems pretty okay for someone recovering from a serious back surgery.

deepdarkblue said:
Chase Jeter's vertical lift seems pretty okay for someone recovering from a serious back surgery.

His shoe is even with the top of Javin's high tops* - lets call that 6 inches - I could probably clear that even in my advanced dotage/expanding rotunditude.

*Yes, camera angles can play with perspective and it might not have been the apex of his jump, but if we are relying on a still to judge Bolden's mindset...

I don't think there's been a Duke player about whom I gave fewer fucks... okay, maybe Taylor King.

But I think it's possible he may be legitimately sick. I mean, he was sitting at the end of the bench next to the trainers. Apparently not getting dap from our players or doing the handshake line. Hell, he may have leprosy.

Shouldn't be in the same building as the rest of the team. Provides no value over Vrankovic.

Interested to see how much the Vegas line moves due to this development.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can he cough on some towels and then leave them in the UNC locker room? Spit in their Gatorade?

Just because he can't play doesn't mean he can't make meaningful contributions.

Interesting decision coming up for Bolden. He has seen the raw physical specimen Semi Ojeleye become the star of a team on par with, if not better than, Duke. That has to be tempting. He could also roll the dice with NBA workouts and combine - few players will be as impressive as him when standing still while having people measure his limbs. Or he could come back to Duke and probably be the starting center next season - a great opportunity to rehabilitate his draft stock in the top half of the first round.

If he's lazy, he'll declare for the draft and maybe get NBA money for 3 years. I think transferring is the worst option, since K already showed he places Bolden ahead of all other returning bigs on the roster. I think he'll declare for the draft.

He could test the waters. I think he declares though and goes 50th or so. Out of the NBA before the 2nd contract.

He'll probably become a monster in the pros after receiving more than 2 minutes a game to adjust to the NBA level.

CK86 said:
He'll probably become a monster in the pros after receiving more than 2 minutes a game to adjust to the NBA level.

No, let's not delude ourselves into thinking he's anything but a below average player. He was one of the worst big man rebounders who played more than 100 minutes in a duke season in the Pomeroy era, and he has absolutely zero touch with the ball. You can hope he becomes an average college player and defender in space, but we're talking about Duke's equivalent to Desmond Hubert essentially.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom