Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Damn, MLB and the Pirates really timed Skenes’ debut around Dunne being finished with exams. Smart. She’s probably the most famous person, maybe the only person under age 25, who still follows baseball.

I was inspired to make a post on my sports fandoms.

College

-Duke basketball. Easily the most successful team I follow, and the best program in the sport over the last 40 years, though only one FF and no titles since 2015 is a bit disappointing given the talent level in that timeframe. Hopefully we’ll reach the mountaintop again soon. I believe we can.
-Duke football. Generally enjoyable since Cutcliffe got us back to respectability in 2012. I didn’t watch in the dark era. 8 bowls in 12 years is really nice, though we’ve had a number of haunting missed opportunities, too. Completely snakebitten in the close ones for years on end now.
-Other Duke sports. I don’t keep up with our other programs closely, but I know baseball has had a great run since 2016. Lacrosse has obviously been elite for years. Golf, soccer and women’s basketball have had their moments. Hopefully the latter becomes a true contender again.

Professional

-Hurricanes. The only team upholding this state’s honor in the pro sports world. Won a series in the playoffs for six consecutive seasons, but sadly haven’t come close to the finals yet. Cup run in 2006 is the only thing keeping NC from being a pro sports championship desert.

-Panthers. Pure shit and misery since Cam’s shoulder got mangled at Heinz in 2018; the worst franchise in the league overall. Really wish we’d cashed in for a SB in 2003 or 2015 as I have no real hope for the team for the foreseeable future with this ownership.

-Hornets. Garbage since the new franchise was activated 20 years ago now. 3 playoff appearances, zero series wins. I don’t follow closely and won’t unless they start making noise consistently. They do seem to be competent with Jordan gone, so maybe some level of success can be attained.

-Braves, I guess? I watched some of their World Series run in 2021, that’s about it. Not much of a baseball fan at all, and NC getting a team wouldn’t change that much.

I don’t watch the MLS or any other pro leagues at all.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom