Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

There was some buzz that he could fall that far. But most mocks do have him projected at #5. Benedict Mathurin is also a good option, but he's projected at #6.

I don't really like Dyson Daniels, but admittedly that's purely based on G League stats. Personally, I'd rather they take a swing on Shaedon Sharpe than Daniels.

The vid I watched on Daniels did make him look like a guy who could be a very-high-level defender at 1-3. But I'm not sold on him either.

I think Murray/Mathurin/Ivey are a pretty solid "Next 3" after the "Big 3", but the rest of the draft feels like a total crapshoot. I only bat about .500 on draft takes with some big misses, but if I were picking 7th, or 8th, or whatever, I might take Mark over the rest.

My secret hope is that New Orleans trades down and takes Mark. That would never happen with Hayes and Valanciunas on the roster. But I want to see what Vinson could do for his shooting range. If he could hit open threes, he'd be the perfect big to pair with Zion.

Granted, they can always use another wing. But the same can be said for every team.

No offense to Wendell, or to TyTy, but the whole list of picks #20-30 in Givony's latest mock is guys that seem like they're second-round talents. Maybe those two I mentioned would be the exceptions, at best. Dalen Terry? LaRavia? Peyton Watson? E.J. Lidell, too. This draft is not deep.

The draft is the worst in a while, imo. It's probably not as bad as 2013, but it might be the worst since then.

The Rockets are the big winners, I think. They’re going to wind up with back to back top 3 guys who could be the best high volume shooters in their respective drafts.

My hottish take is thinking Mark goes top 10 and AJ doesn't. I'd kind of like to see him in Charlotte catching lobs from LaMelo, but I don't think he makes it that far.
I doubt Charlotte drafts him anyway. Every single mock has had them taking him. If a pick is so logical everyone has it penciled in, it never happens.

I want New Orleans to draft him and teach him to shoot threes.

Don't love the Dyson Daniels pick for NO. Why doesn't David Griffin understand the value of shooting?

What stands out to me is that four of the projected top five won't be playing college basketball.

Heard on the Thinking Basketball podcast that 40% of the top 10 picks between 2008 and 2017 were busts (i.e. - non-contributors who were out of the league in just a few years). This is why I come down on the side of taking "safe" contributors outside of a certain range. If it's practically a tossup in the top 10, you can just imagine how bad it is as you go down the board.

Also, looking back at the 2016 draft, eight out of the top 10 players aren't on the team that drafted them. This is why I don't think age matters either.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom